Share one good thing that happened today....

Did something good happen today

• Total voters

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this was a few days ago, but I saw a bald eagle and a bear cub on the way home from work.

That bald eagle was fighting a flock of magpies for the corpse of another roadkilled bear cub, though...
Are you sure that wasn't me sleeping by the side of the road? Cops never stop to tell dead bear cubs to; "Move along." :)

Oh yeah I forgot to share my one good thing:

I caught up on reading this thread and the things that made people happy made me smile.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that wasn't me sleeping by the side of the road? Cops never stop to tell dead bear cubs to; "Move along." :)

Oh yeah I forgot to share my one good thing:

I caught up on reading this thread and the things that made people happy made me smile.
I thought it was a moose calf, but one of the court sheriffs advised that the skin was just...sloughing off at that point. Nature is beautiful, but still -- blech.

Still, this means that it's just about that point in the year when we'll all have to watch out for homicidal moose. They tend to lurk at the side of roadways, waiting for unwary motorists in small passenger vehicles...

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad that I have to look on the positive side. I went down to feed my tank last night and saw something out of the corner of my eye. Something looked different. On closer inspection: a huge crack running down the side of my 40g tank. Yep, even beginning to bulge. This tank was full of qt/grow out corals and a couple fish. Ugh!!!!!

I managed to find places for all animals (even if not ideal) in other tanks and sumps. So, off to store for a new 40g breeder. Or, should I say internet as no one stocks them around here.

The good, I was able to save the water as I just did a rip clean Sunday! I also get to replace the stand and come up with a new design and layout in the room.

Just hope the corals do okay til then. :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
guess i am a little late.
my wife had a massive heart attack Aug 19 th at 50 yrs old...
i should have been here that day. ;)
the first responders ,surgeons,did an amazing deed, beat that golden hour.
so today ,i just say, i am very happy... :)
on road to recovery,and even better than before...:oops:;Happy

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching for this thread all weekend. I finally found it! :) I am so happy that I finally found the thread where we share one thing that happened today. Now I have to remember why I was looking for it?

Amaze GIF

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My one good thing... I went back to work today after spending the last 3 weeks sick with COVID.

Pneumonia is a real deal crappy thing..
Glad you are back on your feet. Pneumonia is no joke. My golf buddy had that as a long hauler. Messed him up bad for months.

You must have had the old fashioned Delta variant. I am hearing the new one does less lung damage and is more upper respiratory. Hope that turns about to be true, because the numbers here are climbing fast -- even though virtually everyone is vaxxed!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a new built in refridgerator in the remodeled kitchen and it doesn't fit properly. I am so glad she; "doesn't care! I am happy with it." With a little more medication I am certain I will be happy with it too! :)
200.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back