Shipping outside US

ke1023610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there’s this guy from UAE that wants to buy some coral he wants me to ship but I feel it’s super risky for the coral, has anybody shipped outside the US, specifically UAE? Wants to know the procedure and price.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there’s this guy from UAE that wants to buy some coral he wants me to ship but I feel it’s super risky for the coral, has anybody shipped outside the US, specifically UAE? Wants to know the procedure and price.
The only viable way to do this is to fly it over yourself and hand deliver, everything else will either take too long and the coral will die (customs) or will be so expensive the flight makes more sense. Try looking at the customs laws for bringing coral into the country before you attempt though...

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

Also, keep in mind - there are a HUGE number of scam buyers that claim to operate out of a few countries - UAE is one of them. Most likely your buyer is legit (the scammers tend not to care about low-volume avenues like hobbyist coral sales), but if you do any kind of selling online be very wary when you get requests for international shipping, especially if they're asking for volume.

KC2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd check with UAE customs and the DHL. But you have to wonder with hundreds of shops throughout
From the UAE there literally hundreds of places to buy live coral much closer than the U.S..

The Dutch, Pols and Germans, to name a few, have a very active market for coral and captive bred fish.

Why would anyone want to pay the cost of shipping from the U.S. ?

And then there's the export/import logistics to think about.

OP
OP
K

ke1023610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd check with UAE customs and the DHL. But you have to wonder with hundreds of shops throughout

From the UAE there literally hundreds of places to buy live coral much closer than the U.S..

The Dutch, Pols and Germans, to name a few, have a very active market for coral and captive bred fish.

Why would anyone want to pay the cost of shipping from the U.S. ?

And then there's the export/import logistics to think about.
He said that there’s not that many coral over there. And plus he wants a specific piece that I have, and he’s willing to pay money for it.

OP
OP
K

ke1023610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, keep in mind - there are a HUGE number of scam buyers that claim to operate out of a few countries - UAE is one of them. Most likely your buyer is legit (the scammers tend not to care about low-volume avenues like hobbyist coral sales), but if you do any kind of selling online be very wary when you get requests for international shipping, especially if they're asking for volume.
Sorry i think i didn’t reply to this, I know the Person he used to live close to me and he decided to move to Dubai a few years ago I bought out all his tank break down and now he is coming back into the aquarium hobby.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i think i didn’t reply to this, I know the Person he used to live close to me and he decided to move to Dubai a few years ago I bought out all his tank break down and now he is coming back into the aquarium hobby.
I was thinking about this, and remembered hearing of someone I know doing courier service and being paid for it so I decided to look it up. On Board Courier, it's a thing, maybe get a quote from them, maybe it will be cheaper/more feasible than a round-trip ticket.

KC2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK well that's an entirely different scenario. You might have mentioned the context in your original post.

I've shipped to Japan by DHL and it was quite amazing. It took 3 days, wasn't that expensive considering and they make the other shipping companies look like rookies when it comes to customer service.

OP
OP
K

ke1023610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK well that's an entirely different scenario. You might have mentioned the context in your original post.

I've shipped to Japan by DHL and it was quite amazing. It took 3 days, wasn't that expensive considering and they make the other shipping companies look like rookies when it comes to customer service.
Thank you for the information and help I appreciate it I’ll look into it

OP
OP
K

ke1023610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about this, and remembered hearing of someone I know doing courier service and being paid for it so I decided to look it up. On Board Courier, it's a thing, maybe get a quote from them, maybe it will be cheaper/more feasible than a round-trip ticket.

Thank you I’ll look into it

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back