Shipping zoos

jayare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I will be shipping my first zoos frags next week. Just wanted some feedback. The frags will be single bagged in Kordon Breather bags with just enough water to completely cover the zoos, No air will be left inside the bag. I plan on lining the sides, top and bottom with 1/2" styrofoam, and then a nice layer of newspaper inside of that. The frag will placed and the center and the empty space will be filled with packing peanuts. If a cool pack is required, I will wrap it in newspaper and tape it to the top of the box. How does this sound? Also, if a cool pack isn't needed, will the styrofoam still benefit the shipment?

Thanks for the help.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like you got it covered! Yes I believe the frags would still benefit from the styro box. If it';s just a few small frags though I would get a $2.89 thermos from wally world and ship it in a priority box turned inside out. You could ship usps express this way for like $19 overnight depending.

OP
OP
J

jayare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thanks. Is there any benefit to double bagging the breather bags? These are just single frags on a plug, but still a little concerned about the bag breaking.

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back