Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncosZOA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick

Im not debating weather what he did was right or wrong, It was done in bad judgement and once noticed was immediately fixed.

My problem lies with the vendor comments.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look, some of you guys have the wrong idea. Its not so much that they are using the pics or if its legal or not. They are using the pics of someone elses corals to sell there own corals.
Do you not understand why that can be an issue? We are buying online from these guys. The pics are the only thing we have to go by to judge the corals well being.
Its the only thing we can look at for example and say "yeah, that is a real purple hornet". If he googles purple hornet and uses the nicest pic he finds does that mean he has real purple hornets? Just because a vendor says he has a mummy eye for sale doesn't mean it is in fact the mummy eye you are familliar with. Being able to see the actual colony and judge it for yourself is very important.

Exactly the point, some of you seem to have derailed the thread..

The point is if you have a coral to sell, why not take a photo of it and use it to sell the coral?

cherokee_dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I agree with Nick and B. Vendors pics should be of what they are selling, not what they want to sell.

grisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for me Im pretty honored to see Palys i found and named 2 years ago in so much hype...And main difference between Mahs and Chongs is a green field in the center..Rev, we had been through the discussion before , right?

lazyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To err is human to forgive is divine. Maybe I posted at the same time 'cause I didn't see the apology prior to my comment. A mea culpa goes a long ways in my book, Lord knows I have had to make a few.....

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly the point, some of you seem to have derailed the thread..

The point is if you have a coral to sell, why not take a photo of it and use it to sell the coral?

+1 IMHO ALL coral online should be WYSIWYG.. Just my 2 cents..:bigsmile: I know some vendors don't start fragging until they have the orders but at least put a pic up of the actually colony you are fragging.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this would be nice paul...i have seen alot of vendors jump the gun and sell stuff to make a quick buck with no pics... i actually even bought one that im waiting for..lol
it would be nice if that was a common practice imo.... there catering to us for buisness at least have some respect and show exactly whats for sale....i have seen some crazy posts for chalice packs in excess of a grand with no pics...that would be really hard for me personally to deal with but they sold..:) i guess they should know better because it only takes one bad seed to come on here and really put a hurting on there sales.....i seen it locally "no names mentioned" but they catered to a local club and screwed a couple people over and i don't even think there in buisness anymore....:(

OP
OP
GrouperGenius

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from work....this thread is gone way off topic.

As I tried to explain earlier, this matter has been resolved in my eyes. Never was I PO'ed at the vendor, I just wanted the name changed. And for those who do not think they are Chong Bongs, look at Whodah's pic on zoaid. Looks the same to me.

Mods will you please close this thread.

Thank you, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back