Should I update my apex to AOS version 5.10 8F22

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been debating about updating my Apex AOS from 5.06 2B22 to 5.10 8F22. My hesitation has been the number of R2R posting where APEX users have been describing their problems with this update. Most problems seem to focus on lost modules (FMM) or certain type of monitoring no longer working. In every thread there is a number of posting and then they just stopped with no full resolution on what users have done that have already updated. What I have found most fascinating is that for every post that has been made describing issues with this upgrade, I have not seen a single response from someone at APEX. Their silence on these threads has made me even further hesitant and also perplexed. Wouldn’t APEX want to set the record straight if there are no problems? or at least acknowledge them and offer suggestions to the user community? So I’m looking to ”crowd-source” my decision here and see what you all think.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting too. Im interested to hear what others say.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here I’ll wait. When it first came out I attempted and as the update was nearing completion my Apex started flashing colors as well as my Trident and then it wouldn’t connect back, my unit is hardwired. . I had to reset and luckily the update was not successful so I will not attempt this one again.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back