Shout out to Drew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s a story. I completely forgot to change my RO and DI canister for almost a year. As a result I’ve lost multiple Acropora ( but not to worry, I only lost the rarest and most expensive ones such as purple monster, jaw dropper and Awi). It turns out that no LFS will sell DI around my area. They will however sell you overpriced DI water. So frantically I ordered a bag of DI from BRS. Well, I made a huge mistake, and ordered Anoion resin instead of the mixed bed one. After replacing the resin my output TDS shot up from 2 to 8. I couldn’t figure out why it was not working, also the water smelled funky, so I reached out to BRS support. Drew immediately figured out the issue and helped me resolve it. Despite it being my oversight, he replaced the DI for the mixed bed one without a question. Again I’ve never had a problem with my BRS orders before, but this experience made me really appreciate these guys for their outstanding customer support and for everything else they do for the hobby.

On a side note, a quick warning to everyone: after replacing the resin initially I threw the rest of the bag in my closet, boy oh boy was that a terrible mistake. Despite looking absolutely mesmerizing, (it’s bright bright blue like Oregon tort) I had no idea that new Anion resin reeeeeeeks of rotting fish. My wife is mad at me, I’m mad at myself at this point, our entire house smells like rotting fish, despite me throwing the bag away two days ago.

Lesson is : store it away from your family unless you hate them.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy that Drew was able to figure out the problem and make it right so quickly! He's a rock star on the support team.

The Anion resin has a strong odor, a jar might be a better way to store it or in the garage if that's an option. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back