argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love them
5D519A33-7B33-455D-BB9A-4A36FB200A1E.jpeg

Finding a multicolor gig is a new goal of mine. That and a purple foot, metallic green tip magnifica.

386reeftrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding a multicolor gig is a new goal of mine. That and a purple foot, metallic green tip magnifica.
The multi color is my grail specimen. Mine really was kind of dull green/tan at first and would have never guessed it would turn into something so nice. Waiting until, or if, I can find the bright yellow/green Gig and get these out of my SPS tank and into something more designed for Giganteas

krak256

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my nems. Have a few tans in my frag tank (have two bleached ones I'm trying to recover in the bowl).

IMG_6549.jpg

I just got this neon green one which is being treated in QT.
IMG_6556.jpg

In my display I have a 3 year old gig (pressed up on glass) I saved from LFS (a steal at $40 but was quite bleached) along with 2 mags.
IMG_6550.jpg

From some angles, the tips appear to be pinkish.
IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6564.jpg

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had my order for a blue one pulled out from under me, and this thread is serving as a wonderful balm for my whiplash. @Asagi @OrionN your reputations precede you!! Any advice or favorite vendors I should pursue on my gig hunt? :)

-billy

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did it get pulled from you?
Ordered from CoralsAnonymous two weeks ago, they were out of the office last week due to a family emergency so I assume the gig(s) didn't make it while they were gone. They had 4 blue ones in stock which i've never seen before. They're refunding np, just shouldn't have gotten my hopes up lol.
A Magnifica I got from Dr Mac
Thank you for the link! I found this site in another thread but was suspicious of another neglected/scam website like ACOL. Ali recently got a magnifica in one of his displays and theyre growing on me for sure.

That multicolor gig is incredible, is that what tan gigs can look like when they're colored up?

So I contribute to the thread a bit, here is my amateur video of Ali's gigantea combo. Somewhat overshadowed by the lewd perculas getting busy on the rock.....Everyone should visit his shop if they haven't already. He has a crazy yellow/black/green gig for sale that's fully conditioned but out of my price range :')

krak256

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from CoralsAnonymous two weeks ago, they were out of the office last week due to a family emergency so I assume the gig(s) didn't make it while they were gone. They had 4 blue ones in stock which i've never seen before. They're refunding np, just shouldn't have gotten my hopes up lol.

Thank you for the link! I found this site in another thread but was suspicious of another neglected/scam website like ACOL. Ali recently got a magnifica in one of his displays and theyre growing on me for sure.

That multicolor gig is incredible, is that what tan gigs can look like when they're colored up?

So I contribute to the thread a bit, here is my amateur video of Ali's gigantea combo. Somewhat overshadowed by the lewd perculas getting busy on the rock.....Everyone should visit his shop if they haven't already. He has a crazy yellow/black/green gig for sale that's fully conditioned but out of my price range :')

If you decide to purchase from Corals Anon, I would ask for a pic or video first. I bought two neon green gigs that both were tans. They offered store credit and stopped responding when I asked for a refund.

Your mileage may vary.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They don't move a lot? Not worried about your sps? They look amazing

They definitely move, but they’re much less finicky than magnificas which make finding the perfect spot an odyssey. I sadly lost a magnifica (and a few fish) a couple weeks ago because it decided to go for a swim after walking for a week. My remaining mag continues to adjust it’s position daily, but seems to be honing in on its sweet spot.

I also think once giganteas reach a certain size, they’re a bit more apt to stay put. Mine have pretty much stayed with the place I chose for them in the new tank.

386reeftrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't move a lot? Not worried about your sps? They look amazing
These 2 have had their foots locked into the same rock for a few years now. I’ve even upgraded tanks a few times and they never detached from that rock. At this point I’d be happy if one moved so they could have more space.

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you decide to purchase from Corals Anon, I would ask for a pic or video first. I bought two neon green gigs that both were tans. They offered store credit and stopped responding when I asked for a refund.

Your mileage may vary.
Maybe that’s why they call themselves coral anonymous??

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your mileage may vary.
Wanna sell me a tan??

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely move, but they’re much less finicky than magnificas which make finding the perfect spot an odyssey. I sadly lost a magnifica (and a few fish) a couple weeks ago because it decided to go for a swim after walking for a week. My remaining mag continues to adjust it’s position daily, but seems to be honing in on its sweet spot.

I also think once giganteas reach a certain size, they’re a bit more apt to stay put. Mine have pretty much stayed with the place I chose for them in the new tank.
I got a few mini maxis and they stay put mainly but my adhesive nem walks from right to left and back. Would love to get a gig in the future.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 39.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 75 52.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back