Showcase Your Blennies - pics

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added my first blennies to my tank and love them! I added 2 Midas Blennies and most recently a Red Ember Blenny (Cirripectes Stigmaticus). Thanks to these R2R members for suggesting the Midas Blenny to me - michellejy, cope413, Flashy Fins, sromero287 and more! Just jlanger and eat breakfast said - the Midas love to school with my Bartlett anthias!
I purchased the 2 Midas about 4 days apart. The smaller is an African gold Midas Blenny while the larger is a blue and gold African Midas Blenny. They swam together immediately so I have a bonded pair. The blue tinge on my blue and gold is subtle - and some days he looks just like my other Midas. But I wanted to try to see if they would bond so I really got him because of his larger size.
The Midas blennies have increased activity in my tank and are great entertainment!
My Ember Blenny just got out of QT and is still in the shy stage - so this is my best pic of him from his QT.
Let's see your blennies! Share what you like best about your particular species.

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160707_144555.jpg
IMG_4611~2.jpg
2 Midas and Ember

Last edited:

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies are so cute!!
At first I thought that they would just be a boring brown fish that never did anything. But I enjoy watching him as much as I do the clowns (the only other fish we have so far). I should not have been surprised - I now like watching snails crawl around, too...
But yes - blennies are charismatic for sure.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back