Sicce SDC 7.0/9.0 App. Has anybody used these??

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Date: 02-21-2018 From: Ralph
We did not sell the pump to you so we cannot provide a refund. Premium Aquatics would have to do that. We could provide two smaller Pumps and the noise would be lower than one larger one and you would have redundancy and higher flow as that is always the case in pump technology. Our Larger pump is much higher pressure than many DC Pumps and it does have a lower tone than what you desire.

Wow is all I can say. Warranty issue requires you to deal with them directly. Buying it back and they push you back to the retailer.
Well that is true, not sticking up for them but if you bought a pair of jeans at Walmart who do you return them to when you don't like them? Levi's or Walmart? Walmart of coarse.
A Warrenty is when you plan on keeping the item and only need it fixed.
You Clearly stated you want your money back. You would have to go to the place you have your money to otherwise that store has your money and sicce is out the price of 2 pumps.

I would Sent it back for store credit and get a different brand.
Hth

naturalEhy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is true, not sticking up for them but if you bought a pair of jeans at Walmart who do you return them to when you don't like them? Levi's or Walmart? Walmart of coarse.
A Warrenty is when you plan on keeping the item and only need it fixed.
You Clearly stated you want your money back. You would have to go to the place you have your money to otherwise that store has your money and sicce is out the price of 2 pumps.

I would Sent it back for store credit and get a different brand.
Hth

Sicce would be out the price of one. They were paid wholesale by the retailer for the first defective pump.

naturalEhy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I need to buy another pump regardless. Can't run dry (as I pay for shipping again) and wait for it to get back to either the retailer or the manufacturer. And then for them to issue a refund. Like so many others I will chalk up the loss and move on.

naturalEhy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still bugs me that, I've asked twice about whether the replacement pump was ever tested before sending to me AND if the original pump I sent back has been tested, with no response. Completely ignored and dismissed. That to me, says they know the pumps are defective and refuse to admit it. Like I've said since day 1.... no way these pumps are that loud normally.

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I need to buy another pump regardless. Can't run dry (as I pay for shipping again) and wait for it to get back to either the retailer or the manufacturer. And then for them to issue a refund. Like so many others I will chalk up the loss and move on.

I wrote it off too. After I couldn't get SICCE to take care of me I bought the M1 and I'll just keep the SICCE as a backup / emergency pump.

naturalEhy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be a glutton for paying to beta test.... My new purchase --->Neptune Cor showed up today!!! Not sure when I will have time to install it tho. May be next week :(
So excited for silence.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure the flow rate of the Cor will equal the Sicce though.

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be a glutton for paying to beta test.... My new purchase --->Neptune Cor showed up today!!! Not sure when I will have time to install it tho. May be next week :(
So excited for silence.

Hope it works out. My Vectra M1 is doing fine. I still have the SICCE 7.0 sitting in it's box. I can't bring my self to sell it because it's so loud I'd feel bad for the next person. I guess if someone was using it in a pond or a very large set up that already has a lot of background noise it would work.

naturalEhy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0220.PNG
Here you go @ksed and fellow reefers. Cor15 installed and running smooth. It is much quieter than the Sicce. It has a quieter tone too if that makes any sense. Very happy with the noice level in my livingroom now. Here is what she sounds like at 40%. My Nyos 120 is louder than the Cor15 btw.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must have gotten a defective pump. Lol
I spoke with a friend in Italy and they are having the same noise issue as we are having here. They get the odd one that is quite but IMO that’s not acceptable.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back