Sicce SDC 7.0/9.0 App. Has anybody used these??

RoyinSpain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my sdc7 one year no incidents. Silent and reliable . App is great. Total control via mobile or manual. Also trying to source protection grid, not available yet. .

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir. Just used the same decibel app as the rest of the posts. Same. 70.

That's really unfortunate, it seems like such a nice pump otherwise. Aside from the noise how do you like it?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super old thread but any updates on the loudness of these pumps? I was considering a 6.0 or a 7.0 but this thread certainly is putting me off. May just get a cor 15.

naturalEhy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold mine. Too loud for my taste. I did get the Core 15, little less push but does the job and quiet. I like it.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
seems it’s all over the map with these things. I like the 5 year warranty and apparently Apex support is coming very soon for them. But I can’t deal with 70 decibels I’d I get a bad one. Although I’m mostly considering the 6.0 which doesn’t have much info. It came out after the others so maybe it’s not as loud.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems it’s all over the map with these things. I like the 5 year warranty and apparently Apex support is coming very soon for them. But I can’t deal with 70 decibels I’d I get a bad one. Although I’m mostly considering the 6.0 which doesn’t have much info. It came out after the others so maybe it’s not as loud.

Yeah, that number (70db) cannot be even remotely accurate. That is louder than average conversation; as in would interfere with someone talking in the room. I can’t hear my SDC pump over the skimmer air intake noise or trickle of the overflow.

Edit: yeah; prolong exposure to 70db can cause hearing issues lol. Just no way can that be accurate.

IMO, this sounds to me like vibrating PVC issues. If you want silence, should have a section of soft tubing.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting which SDC do you have? I’m looking at one to replace my Jebao DCP 6500 which is silent. But I really want something Apex controllable which Sicce and Neptune say is coming very soon for the SDC. So I was trying to decide between the SDC series or a Cor 15. The 5 year warranty on the Sicce is nice, if their customer service is worth it.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the sicce sincra 9. Quiet, I think it's 42 dB. It is pumping up from the basement of my house. I think it's been almost 3 years?! I cleaned it once. No issues at all.
Customer support is okay... I say that because it take a while for them to get back to you but, they gave me a new controller no questions asked. (my problem ended up not that but the fact that sicce did not like Google internet to connect to phone)

Hth

columbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The 5-year warranty is not worth much as it doesn't cover the rotor.

drmantistoboggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was considering the sdc6 for my 80 gallon tank. Does anyone have experience with that one being too loud? The tank is right in my living room so noise is a big consideration.

I recently had a varios pump fail after 2 years so a 5 year warranty was pretty attractive.

drmantistoboggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, did the sizing and it turns out I may be better off with the 7.0 based on my head pressure. Kind of a bummer since those ones seem to have issues.

Oepaiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I just bought my syncra sdc and cant connect to the wifi sicce(xx) in order to set it up in the app did someone got it to work?

974BAF67-EC50-445C-A8C1-77412FA4F187.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back