Sick clownfish

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i wouldnt expect it for treatment, i just want to know if i have a parasite or not. Hes not showing symptoms of anything right now

I guess I'm confused at this point. How does a neon goby help you find out if you have parasites? Without symptoms it's extremely difficult to pinpoint a diagnosis. It's like when your car makes a weird noise but the second the mechanic gets in he tells you " i dont hear nothing" and sure enough it stopped.... until you leave and get half way home! lol

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiding in the dark and faded colors really spells velvet to me. I would remove all fish to a qt and treat with coppersafe or chelated copper ASAP. Bring it up to therapeutic dose over 48 hours.

I can't remember what to do for quick relief but I think @melypr1985 may be able to advise. Freshwater dips won't do anything for velvet
If i remember correctly it wont affect velvet but it should help with the breathing a bit shouldnt it

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i remember correctly it wont affect velvet but it should help with the breathing a bit shouldnt it

Yes. doing a freshwater dip will help clear the gills and provide some relief, but it's short lived. Other treatment like copper should follow closely behind this to be of the best help.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 111 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back