Sick Wrasse please help

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, flukes. I think he has a secondary infection as well, I would dose kanaplex/metroplex/furan-2 or another broad-spectrum antibiotic if you have one. And he will need prazi for the flukes soon, but I think he needs help with the infection first.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what flukes look like in a freshwater dip.. They aren't very tiny at all. About the size of sesame seeds.
1459813172723-jpg.336938

I don't think you did anything wrong so far either. If this is velvet, then he is probably past the point of saving. It's always best to do what you can though, because it's totally possible to bring a fish back from the brink with a little knowledge, skill and luck. I would have to advise you to get all the rest of your fish out of the tank for treatment as well and leave the display fallow (fishless) for the full 76 days to be safe.

OP
OP
E

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Wrasse didn't make it and I immediately noticed some small patches on my swallowtail angel and small hippo tang. There was really no way of catching them so after reading a number of posts I decided to start dosing H2O2 at a rate 1ml per 10 gallons. I didn't subtract for rock or anything else I went by my tank size and rounded up to the closest 10... I'm turning off the return pumps for 20 minutes and just letting the power heads move the peroxide around the DT... So far all corals are doing fine and fish are actually looking better. One spot is completely gone off the angel and there's only a very tiny spot left.. all fish are eating enthusiastically on LRS soaked in garlic and selcon. I started dosing on the 27th and will continue to do so until I see no trace if illness

OP
OP
E

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this works.. both the angel and hippo tang we're in the initial stages of whatever was going on most likely velvet

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back