Aquaristexhibit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long can I safely run an airline to the exterior of my house without needing an air pump?

Skimmer - Bashsea 6-24 Twisted Skimmer (Sicce 4.0)
E0DFCD02-E2FC-4D13-A21A-7FD61BEF05EC.jpeg

OP
OP
Aquaristexhibit

Aquaristexhibit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine goes about 20 feet, but it may be dependent on the type of skimmer. It's easy to tell if it's too long because you just won't get bubbles.

IMG_0584.JPG
Ok awesome, I was thinking of enlarging the tube size from the exterior to reduce vacuum on the small line, and then reduce near the skimmer.

do you think it’s necessary to have a filter(carbon) on the air line? I’m on the edge of the city and not much contaminants.

Upvote 0

Stephen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of enlarging the tube size from the exterior to reduce vacuum on the small line, and then reduce near the skimmer.

do you think it’s necessary to have a filter(carbon) on the air line?
That's what I would do. A bigger line outside with skimmer attached to that. I don't think you would need a carbon filter but something to keep rain, bugs, and dust out would be beneficial.

Upvote 0

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it with my skimmer but I think my hose was to small my ph dropped . I run a co2 scrubber and rain it though there and thought it would do better but made it worse for my but when I have the time am going to run a 3/4 or 1” pipe out side then hook a hose up to the as close to the tank as possible

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aquaristexhibit

Aquaristexhibit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I would do. A bigger line outside with skimmer attached to that. I don't think you would need a carbon filter but something to keep rain, bugs, and dust out would be beneficial.
Yeah I think this will help a lot. The skimmer I’m going to be using already mixes well extremely efficiently. So I should be good I hope.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aquaristexhibit

Aquaristexhibit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it with my skimmer but I think my hose was to small my ph dropped . I run a co2 scrubber and rain it though there and thought it would do better but made it worse for my but when I have the time am going to run a 3/4 or 1” pipe out side then hook a hose up to the as close to the tank as possible
Yeah I’m hoping I don’t have to scrub

Upvote 0

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back