Skimmer not working anyone no what's wrong?

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic, it's not skimming?! image.jpeg

Snoopeeyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe it hit a point where theres nothing to skim? did you check id anything is blocking air intake? looks like not a lot of air coming in.

OP
OP
MAN-O-WAR

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a bag of phosban in the sock, would that do it? Have a cobalt mj900 230 gph shooting inside, it has good suction... Hydor 396 gph as well. Performer high tech skimmer. Someone told that this skimmer isn't a good one? That I got ripped off, 300$? Let me know please, thank you

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well depends what is the skimmer rated for and how much water volume do you have

Snoopeeyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean the skimmer should be fine no matter the water volume. I have a 90 gal skimmer running on a total 120 gal system and i get great sludge. When you cleaned the sock, you took out a very large amount of organic compounds out of the system so the skimmer is working less then it normally would. give it a day or two and you should be back to normal!

mr fixit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower the water level quarter inch above the black band so the foam is only in the neck give it a week at that height n see wat u get I got a cheap pro clear with a 550 gph pump n drilled the impeller tips is all I did n put a slow down valve on the intake side of the pump n placed the air line in front of the impeller behind the valve so it sucks the air in and I get tons of foam n run it lower than the cup to get a dry skim like two cups of goo a week

mr fixit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally a diy but works awesome sometimes the foam pops the lid off pro clear skimmers are awesome the pumps not so great just drill small hole in each blade to chop up the air

Briguy350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we need way more info than its not skimming. how long has tank been set up? live stock? tell us more about you tank. it can take a week for a skimmer to break in. even mine after i clean if good needs adjusting to get it to skim all that muck up.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back