"skimmer on a budget" was told to talk with mojo :)

malnurs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I just saw the skimmer thread and didnt post this there. tried to delete but can't. If yall can I will repost in the skimmer thread. thanks - Chris

I was asking some people about some skimmers and they sent me here and said to ask for mojo. so here i am :)
I have a 75g aga with a 20g refuge, and I still have a $35 skimmer on it. lol and like everyone says you get what you pay for. It has been great for a low bio load that I have had since i do have several magroves and chaeto. I only have 3 fish right now :( had a few die on me during a move. and i have a mix of softies and sps btu am working on getting more sps frags in there. so I am looking to protect my investment a little more.
However I really only have about $200 in my budget to use for a new skimmer.
do yall have any suggestions on a good skimmer for near that price. thanks for any advice and direction yall can give me.
Thanks,
Chris
Here is a few I have seen but know nothign about:
bubble magus for $155
Octopus internal only or recirculating $175-189
vertex skimmer $190
nautilus TE Turbo $180

Last edited:

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers are IMHO the most critical part of filtration in a reef setup. My advise would be to get the largest skimmer that you can afford & that will fit in your sump or ounder your stand if running externally. I spent lots of bucks on skimmers in the past & I now realize that if you just bite the bullet early you will likely save money in the long run because you won't waste money buying better skimmers! I just bought a CAT II & I am very happy with it..
Sorry to hijack this thread Mojo..

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,

Copy your question to the skimmer thread then post here once you have done that and I'll just go ahead and delete this one.

Thanks,

Luciano

Back