"skimmer on a budget" was told to talk with mojo :)

malnurs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I just saw the skimmer thread and didnt post this there. tried to delete but can't. If yall can I will repost in the skimmer thread. thanks - Chris

I was asking some people about some skimmers and they sent me here and said to ask for mojo. so here i am :)
I have a 75g aga with a 20g refuge, and I still have a $35 skimmer on it. lol and like everyone says you get what you pay for. It has been great for a low bio load that I have had since i do have several magroves and chaeto. I only have 3 fish right now :( had a few die on me during a move. and i have a mix of softies and sps btu am working on getting more sps frags in there. so I am looking to protect my investment a little more.
However I really only have about $200 in my budget to use for a new skimmer.
do yall have any suggestions on a good skimmer for near that price. thanks for any advice and direction yall can give me.
Thanks,
Chris
Here is a few I have seen but know nothign about:
bubble magus for $155
Octopus internal only or recirculating $175-189
vertex skimmer $190
nautilus TE Turbo $180

Last edited:

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers are IMHO the most critical part of filtration in a reef setup. My advise would be to get the largest skimmer that you can afford & that will fit in your sump or ounder your stand if running externally. I spent lots of bucks on skimmers in the past & I now realize that if you just bite the bullet early you will likely save money in the long run because you won't waste money buying better skimmers! I just bought a CAT II & I am very happy with it..
Sorry to hijack this thread Mojo..

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,

Copy your question to the skimmer thread then post here once you have done that and I'll just go ahead and delete this one.

Thanks,

Luciano

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 61 27.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back