Skin Blotches on Chrysurus Angelfish

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s normal this is stress colors. Many fish play dead for the first minute or two and some do it the entire time.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its good you completed the dip to rule out flukes. My scribble angel had similar spots when I was treating him with cupramine. Once he was out of the copper treatment the skin irritation subsided quickly.

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its good you completed the dip to rule out flukes. My scribble angel had similar spots when I was treating him with cupramine. Once he was out of the copper treatment the skin irritation subsided quickly.

Hmm interesting, this is the first time I saw it. Anyway hoping that nothing is really wrong with the fish. I checked a while ago morning and he’s back to normal colors and patches are gone, will check again later tonight

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm interesting, this is the first time I saw it. Anyway hoping that nothing is really wrong with the fish. I checked a while ago morning and he’s back to normal colors and patches are gone, will check again later tonight
Thats good news. Well it could of the been flukes I suppose or hopefully just a skin irritation from the copper.

Keep us posted :)

Back