Spotlight: Using the Freshwater Radion XR15 as a Refugium Light | BRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! How does this light stack up to the kessil h380?

less ideal spectral output
+$50

Might be interesting with the freshwater AI unit, which seems to fall between the power/price point of the h80 and h380?

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I’m surprised with is my 40$ normal tank light grows crazy mangrove and chato.

F9FB67B0-F774-4C44-AC49-2CCCF4EED893.jpeg

Monti34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I would like one. But I’ll stick w my ufo and a timer just a little rich for my blood.

O and what’s up w the stock at BRS Randy?!?

I’m sure that it must be pretty sweet that the vids are paying off.

Good job BRS keep em coming.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! How does this light stack up to the kessil h380?

This light may not be the first choice for a refugium light and most likely would be used more for its intended design, to light a freshwater tank. But, it can also be used for a refugium if someone chose to do so. :)

Check out how it stacks up against the Kessil LEDs in this video we did on a few of them! HERE

-Randy

ewelch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS , I really want to try one of these over my Mangrove tank . Problem is I don’t want to hang it from the ceiling and the tree sticks about 2.5 feet out of the tank .

Does BRS have anything I can use to mont this that high over the tank ? Maybe the Kessil arm that attaches to the stand ?

Thoughts ? Suggestions ?
46513CF9-D274-46C3-8913-05F96EADD916.jpeg

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS , I really want to try one of these over my Mangrove tank . Problem is I don’t want to hang it from the ceiling and the tree sticks about 2.5 feet out of the tank .Does BRS have anything I can use to mont this that high over the tank ? Maybe the Kessil arm that attaches to the stand ?
Thoughts ? Suggestions ?

There's really not a manufactured mount that will provide you with that height, without hanging from the ceiling. At that point, you'll probably have to DIY something that could accommodate your specific needs. Maybe build something out of 80/20 aluminium? :)

ewelch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's really not a manufactured mount that will provide you with that height, without hanging from the ceiling. At that point, you'll probably have to DIY something that could accommodate your specific needs. Maybe build something out of 80/20 aluminium? :)

Thanks I’ll check it out , now you guys just need to get the FW version back in stock !

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS , I really want to try one of these over my Mangrove tank . Problem is I don’t want to hang it from the ceiling and the tree sticks about 2.5 feet out of the tank .

Does BRS have anything I can use to mont this that high over the tank ? Maybe the Kessil arm that attaches to the stand ?

Thoughts ? Suggestions ?
46513CF9-D274-46C3-8913-05F96EADD916.jpeg
I have a plethora and some 1 -2 inch seeds. Kinda like bonsai estuary I was going 4. Just have 2 choose but if ever wanna get smaller lmk. There red rooted so there all prop root

88EA68FE-8BD1-404F-BA7C-DF51B822C5D1.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.9%
Back