Starting Small.....literally

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a partial water change a few days ago. I used a turkey baster! LOL! It was easy peasy! I'll have to take pics of the process next time!
will that be in Millimeters? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
So what do you plan to keep in this? a shrimp? Button Scoly? A few different zoos would look cool. Should be easy to control aiptasia outbreaks.

OP
OP
mamarea4

mamarea4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you plan to keep in this? a shrimp? Button Scoly? A few different zoos would look cool. Should be easy to control aiptasia outbreaks.
The water change was fun with this volume of water! Took me like 5 minutes!

I put in a mushroom, a zoa and some GSP. So far so good!

I think I'm going to go with PNW Custom's 1 gallon tank next for some mini rose bubble tip anemones.

OP
OP
mamarea4

mamarea4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a Button Scoly so bad!!! I love the bright red ones! Then I saw the blue ones, and the green ones....! So now, I basically want them all!

OP
OP
mamarea4

mamarea4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to reefing. Started as my husband's hobby until I saw PNW's microreefing tanks! Now I'm in!
1000004373.jpg
1000004321.jpg
Added some life! Looking happy so far!
1000004455.jpg
1000004456.jpg
1000004457.jpg

OP
OP
mamarea4

mamarea4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
due to the size of your tank, I'd get rid of the plugs to the corals. Tell Hubby you want an APEX for dosing :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I agree! Real-estate is precious in this tank! I left the plug on this one only because I'm actually swapping it out with a different Zoa. I just wanted to see how easy/hard it was going to be to keep everything stable once I started adding coral before putting in my "favorites" for this tank. He SHOULD buy me an APEX now! You know.....to prepare for what's inevitably to come!

shrimpnreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know...is I feel sorry for this mysterious hubby! Time for him to go get some OT hours by the sound of this convo...another tank...button scolys...anenomes...controllers! Geez...poor guy!

OP
OP
mamarea4

mamarea4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: My tiny little tank is doing well! I've added copepods, a couple of clean up crew snails, some GSP, a green rhodactis mushroom from PNW Custom and an Orbitz mushroom from Aqua SD! So far, so good!

My Orbitz mushroom had a hard time finding a spot to settle down. Finally decided that a little GSP wig is what suited him best! I'm not going to argue! They both seem happy with the arrangement!

1000004827.jpg
1000004828.jpg
1000004868.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back