Stix's Tank (Super Photo Intensive)

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a little bored tonight, and decided to snap off a few photos of my tank. It is a 58 gallon Oceanic dominated by zoos of course, with a few lps thrown i for good measure! Enjoy!

p8272112Large.jpg

P8272114Large.jpg

P8272115Large.jpg

P8272116Large.jpg

p8272117Large.jpg

p8272118Large.jpg

P8272121Large.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jessie...I've been trying to get rid of those mushrooms for a long time now! You could frag them in a blender!

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks da6d...just a couple real quick hand held shots tonight...the last 2 were with a tripod as you can see how much better and sharper they look!

The coral in the bottom of that pic you linked was told to me to be the "war coral", by the person who gave it to me...but I don't think it is!

furforfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats quite a nice tank. Do you have any full tank shots? Also what lighting are you using? Your "war coral" looks to me to be some sort of montastrea, possibly montastrea cavernosa or montastrea annularis.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey furforfour...Thanks! I can take some full tank shots tomorrow. I believe the coral in question is a favia of some sort (the pic shows all the polyps way open because I just fed the fish)

My lighting has actually been scaled back recently to 2x96W PC tubes (1 actinic and 1 10,000k) It is all squeezed into my old hood. I plan on building a new hood in the fall and using a single 150w HQI bulb alongside the 2 PC tubes.

Here is a closeup of the colony it came from originally. I may just have it way low in not enough light also!!!

WarCoral.jpg

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very beautiful tanks . I like so much the disposition of your LR. You it board fixed or you it board just posed? I like also contrast zoanthus/mushrooms. Congratulations. :D :D :D

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah...the watermelon is my baby!! I had been searching forever for one, and happened upon it one day!

The scaping was done by me glueing a lot of the rockwork together, and some of it just resting on others! I will take a whole tank shot tonight and post it!

Thanks all for the comments!!!

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK...I took a few full tank shots...both close-up, and to give a general idea of the room it is in (Dining Room) You'll have to excuse the fact that the hood is still the hood from my 45 ( tank now is an Oceanic 58 )...so needless to say I haven't had time to build a new one yet! Enjoy!

tank5.jpg

tank7.jpg

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank6.jpg

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the neon green and prple ting that looks like it is attached to the glass in the middle of the 1st pic of your most recent post???I like the colorrrrsss.

Back