Stressed Clownfish

Clownydowntown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just experienced a power outage last night. My clownfish usually hangs out by the hang on filter and makes it her home. But since the power outage she hasn’t been close to the filter. Instead she’s in the front of the fish tank swimming frantically from one end to another. She has somewhat transparent fins and she seems very stressed. What do I do?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the fish eating? how are your water parameters? salinity, temp, ammonia, nitrates? Is it possible something in the tank died due to power outage causing ammonia spike? How old is your tank? A 30-second clear video might help too.

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a photo under white light?

Also as others have asked how long was the power out and what is your tank size?

OP
OP
C

Clownydowntown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the fish eating? how are your water parameters? salinity, temp, ammonia, nitrates? Is it possible something in the tank died due to power outage causing ammonia spike? How old is your tank? A 30-second clear video might help too.
everything else is fine, the other fish are acting normal too. It's only the clownfish that is acting up.

JClic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about 2 hours
Two hours shouldn’t be an issue.
Have you checked the Salinity, temperature, ammonia, nitrates? It could be the beginning of velvet or brook which is a quick killer to fish and needs to be addressed immediately. Is there aggression towards the other clown? Are they eating like normal? Post some pictures if possible of the fins. If possible quarantine the fish.

Last edited:

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything else is fine, the other fish are acting normal too. It's only the clownfish that is acting up.
I don’t mean to be dismissive, but “everything else is fine” really doesn’t help us help you at all. If you post water parameters, a video of the clown, and let us know the age of your system we can certainly be of more assistance

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back