Subsequent anion stages after cation

aecombie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to add two anion stages after my cation because I’ve been getting 0 TDS after my anion stage, and my mixed bed stage didn’t appear to be doing anything until my anion resin would get depleted. However, now that I have two subsequent anion stages, I’m getting 0 TDS after the first anion resin bed, but then I’m somehow getting TDS after the final anion stage, which would be the water being used for the tank. The product water also has an anion resin smell too it. If I run the system for about 15 minutes, the final stage will produce 0 TDS eventually, but this has to be done every time I need water. Is there a reason / fix for this? The anion resin in both cartridges come from the same batch.

Attachments

• IMG_2808.MOV
    28.2 MB

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a really great question and I am certainly interested in the answer to this as I have tried this same setup and experienced the same thing. Anybody else run cation-anion-anion in their 7 stage RO/DI setups. As well, have you noticed the same thing happening and why would there be dissolved solids after the second and final anion cartridge? @Randy Holmes-Farley , #reefsquad
As well, I see you haven't yet posted up an intro in the Meet & Greet Forum
Welcome!

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 88 33.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.5%
Back