Tang with ICH

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my tang I got from divers den has white spots and is itching . I gave them both baths before entering my tank, that did not work and I have a total of 12 fish.

What are my options now the fish cannot be removed . What solution should I use ? I just research and I think I’ll order Ruby Reef Kick-Ich™/Rally™ Combo Pack?

Please respond quickly as I’d appreciate the help .

Sad day...

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my tang I got from divers den has white spots and is itching . I gave them both baths before entering my tank, that did not work and I have a total of 12 fish.

What are my options now the fish cannot be removed . What solution should I use ? I just research and I think I’ll order Ruby Reef Kick-Ich™/Rally™ Combo Pack?

Please respond quickly as I’d appreciate the help .

Sad day...
Neither will erradicate ich. These are in your DT?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if I raise my tank temp? I did not see that in the ich managment section. Also is there any solution that I can add to help heal the fish?

Brett newell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp doesn't effect saltwater ich like it does for freshwater. There is a thread on here about somebody that used chloroquine phosphate in their display. He is a brave individual. Would it be possible to remove coral and treat with cp or possibly hypo?

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80CB6476-3398-462F-ABEF-6070F92B5EC3.jpeg
Can’t move anything. It is what it is..

I think I’m going to try Ich Attach at least to help heal them if they get an infection. I hope they stay healthy and stay eating.

I just ordered 2 fish off of divers den today. Spent $100.00 I hope I can cancel my order.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a divers den order of a Tomi tang and a blenny. Should I cancel the order? I assume so as my fish is showing ich.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a divers den order of a Tomi tang and a blenny. Should I cancel the order? I assume so as my fish is showing ich.

If you were going to QT them with your existing fish it wouldn't be a problem.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would cancel if possible. It's well worth it to get some cheap petco dollar a gallon tanks for qt. I qt everyone before they go into the display for just the reason you stated... too difficult to get them back out of the display. It is also much easier to treat the sick fish in a smaller tank- less meds.
Plus with the cost of fish today you don't want one sick fish wiping out your entire population, I've had that happen in the past.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m raising my tank to 80d, I have read many articles saying so. I’m going to get Ich Attack. And treat. I’m going to try to cancel my fish order .

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would advise against raising the temp. I don't know where you keep the temp regularly. Keep in mind, higher the temp less oxygen.

Your fish are already stressed and have parasites afflicting the gills. Lowering the O2 level, won't help but worsen the problem IMO.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would advise against raising the temp. I don't know where you keep the temp regularly. Keep in mind, higher the temp less oxygen.

Your fish are already stressed and have parasites afflicting the gills. Lowering the O2 level, won't help but worsen the problem IMO.

Ok. I’m just going to different directions right now. Blaaa

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I’m just going to different directions right now. Blaaa
I know it's a pain. Trust me, I started in the hobby using a QT. I still lose fish in QT and struggle at times.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would get this situation under control before buying any more fish.

Thanks for the guidance. I have looked for the Tomi tang M-F everyday for the past 3 weeks right at 6pm. My tang had no Ich yesterday and the Tomi tang went on sale at DD. I was super excited today lol then to come home and see the ich was not fun. I guess the timing was good . Hope I can cancel the order it has not shipped .

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 151 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back