*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus #1 - sadly he jumped through a feeder hole
Wrasse.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)
As my first entry stated, I would get a wrasse. Gobi's a close second and neither my firefish nor the hawk have been prone to jumping.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)
A screenshot from this post:
Screenshot_20231122-072934.png

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: the plank feeder would help with vacations and the lid would be great to replace my current egg crate lid on my 65 gallon

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

Prompt #1: My favorite among those would be the wrasses.

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

Bonus Prompt: I don't have the tank set up yet, but here's a picture of the Orange Back Fairy Wrasse I would like to add once the tank is up and running.

1700659371716.png

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Tell us about your favorite public aquarium exhibit. What did you learn from seeing it?

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How I would use the prizes should I win...

My wife and I moved earlier this year and the layout of our new house is ideal for a slightly larger peninsula tank versus the standard 120g I have now. So I plan to upgrade this spring.

My plan for the new tank is an LPS and deepwater acro tank — think ~25-30m down when diving.

AND a key goal of my stocking plan is a small shoal of deepwater anthias — either Red Saddle (Pseudanthias flavoguttatus) or Golden (Pseudanthias aurulentus).

A lid is a must for any tank IMO. But more so for one that holds deeper water fish as they are accustomed to darting in any direction if very suddenly startled.

And a Plank Feeder is already on the wish to keep the anthias well and properly fed with several small feedings throughout the day.

It would be absolutely awesome to win both of these necessities.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry.

I just saw this thread. I have an acrylic 100 gallon (4'x30"x16") lagoon AIO and it just so happens that I need to get a different lid for it. It's a mixed reef that has only been set up for about 6 months (some of the coral and a firefish are from my previous 15 gallon AIO). Oh, and an auto feeder is on my short list for ASAP purchases.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Tell us about your favorite public aquarium exhibit. What did you learn from seeing it?
This one is easy! We're members at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA. I always always stop at their inward curving garden eel tank (you can step in and the glass makes a semicircle around you). It has a bunch of happy garden eels and some long nose hawkfish. Got me really interested in garden eels and learning their complex needs in aquaria. Not their biggest exhibit by far, but they know how to take care of them!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 102 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back