• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tenecor Tank - BEWARE- Do not buy!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

OutdoorLife77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tenecor should be banned from all aquarium forums.
They are false advertising the tank sizes.
They even sent me a volume calculator to use which only proved my point it was about 50 gallons smaller than what they sold me. Suppose to be 175gallon but received a 125 gallon pentagon tank.
Asked them to make it right. They replied: "there is nothing to make right" and I can pay to have it shipped back and and also lose 40% in restock fees! CROOKS!!
I should have paid attention to the all the heads up from members on here.
They are also a smart butt when you communicate with them. (Have it in writing on emails)

DO NOT BUY from Tencor!!! You have been warned!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So dimensions were correct but volume was off?

OP
OP
O

OutdoorLife77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So dimensions were correct but volume was off?
correct. bought a 225g Tenecor years ago with no problem. checked once my buddy said that it looked to small to be 175 when I opened the crate. first time buying a pentagon corner tank.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a business owner I've lost count of the times a customer flamed up over measurements with what they "figured" was correct only to be wrong in the end.. This should be good. Also is it only me or does it seem there's been a lot of these types of threads by new members lately.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1697569238467.png

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they say 45”*45”*20” which is indeed 175 gallons but only for a rectangular tank. With no schematic it could be anything.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you confusing outside dimensions with inside? All tanks are sold with outside dimension gallons. A standard 180 with 1/2” glass is not 180 gallons even bare.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back