The Angel Lovers Thread

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My juvenile female Scribbled Angelfish in QT. She’s eating frozen food grated up small with a lemon zester. No, that’s not all food floating around. Most of it is General Cure treatment I just added.

And the male waiting for her in holding tank
IMG_4747.jpeg

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the not-so reef safe dwarf angels such as Eibli, Half Black, Nox, Lemonpeel etc, are there any corals they tend to leave alone, or is it just a free for all with no coral survivors?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the not-so reef safe dwarf angels such as Eibli, Half Black, Nox, Lemonpeel etc, are there any corals they tend to leave alone, or is it just a free for all with no coral survivors?
They’re likely to leave softies like leathers alone, and also certain more branching LPS like Hammers, Torches, Duncan’s seem to be left alone.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My juvenile female Scribbled Angelfish in QT. She’s eating frozen food grated up small with a lemon zester. No, that’s not all food floating around. Most of it is General Cure treatment I just added.

And the male waiting for her in holding tank
IMG_4747.jpeg

Woah super cool!

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a group of angels for my new 600 gallon build. So far I have these lovelies and I’m considering a few others.

Emperor Angel (changing)
Goldflake Angel (captive bred)
Regal Angel
Potters Angel
Flame Angel (pair)
Spotbreast Angel technically I have a pair. One big girl I’ve had for a few years and another much smaller female in a different tank, hoping the old girl changes when she meets the new girl.

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a group of angels for my new 600 gallon build. So far I have these lovelies and I’m considering a few others.

Emperor Angel (changing)
Regal Angel
Potters Angel
Flame Angel (pair)
Spotbreast Angel technically I have a pair. One big girl I’ve had for a few years and another much smaller female in a different tank, hoping the old girl changes when she meets the new girl.

Those 2 are a must! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Emperor Angel (changing)
Regal Angel
Potters Angel
Flame Angel (pair)
What are the dimensions?

I’d throw in a Majestic or Blue Face Angel as well as a Multicolour Angel.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think the dimensions are 8’ long x 4’ wide and 30” tall. I need to think about if I want anymore large angels like the ones you mentioned or add a few more centropyge because I also have a large collection of tangs I’m planning on having as well. 11 different tangs and I already have 10 of them. It will be a peninsula style and I’m planning on having corals. Obviously the corals I keep will be dictated by what the angels don’t eat so there will be some trial and error lol. I’m considering trying a pair of idols but I’m not sure.

@Raul-7 i agree, this is my first emperor I’ve been able to keep even though I have had large tanks in the past. Ever since I saw the Marine Fishes book by Scott Michael when I was a teen in the 90’s I’ve wanted an emperor angel but never got one to live more than a week back then. I had a blue face and a regal in a 280 about 15 years ago. I’m very excited and can’t wait to have all these fish in one tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think the dimensions are 8’ long x 4’ wide and 30” tall. I need to think about if I want anymore large angels like the ones you mentioned or add a few more centropyge because I also have a large collection of tangs I’m planning on having as well. 11 different tangs and I already have 10 of them. It will be a peninsula style and I’m planning on having corals. Obviously the corals I keep will be dictated by what the angels don’t eat so there will be some trial and error lol. I’m considering trying a pair of idols but I’m not sure.

@Raul-7 i agree, this is my first emperor I’ve been able to keep even though I have had large tanks in the past. Ever since I saw the Marine Fishes book by Scott Michael when I was a teen in the 90’s I’ve wanted an emperor angel but never got one to live more than a week back then. I had a blue face and a regal in a 280 about 15 years ago. I’m very excited and can’t wait to have all these fish in one tank.
All I’ll say is be cautious with how many large fish you throw in there, it seems big now but with 11 tangs (1 being an Achilles which you need to replicate a Surge Zone to be able to keep thriving long term), 5 angels, 2 idols (I wouldnt even bother with a reef if you want an idol, they will decimate most corals) and so on it will become crowded and you may even find yourself needing to remove some of them to keep swim room and large fish.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that the tank seems pretty big right now but will probably fill up quickly. The more I think of it the more I’m leaning away from keeping idols. I’ve put a lot of thought into the stocking list, including the tangs, 4 Acanthurus, 4 Zebrasoma, 2 Ctenochaetus and 1 Naso there will only be 7 fish that will likely grow over 8 inches. There will be about 12 fish between 4 and 7 inches and an undecided number of smaller fish. Although I love corals the plan for this tank is for the fish to be the center of attention.

Zenith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so im absolutely devastated, my two multibars have been with me and eating for over a month now. been doing absolutely fantastic until I noticed they had contracted ich yesterday... the larger of the two i was able to remove because he was just laying on the sand. hes now in QT where i can hopefully revive him, the smaller one is still eating with gusto but seems to be getting covered in more and more ich. im super bummed to say the least, but trying to stay optimistic
My regal also had ich issue recently. I fed him twice a day with Selcon and garlic drops as supplementation to the food. The fish recovered in 20 days, this was done in the DT.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back