Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9417.JPG IMG_9414.JPG Last Tango: Fowleri
My forth try on this fish. Two from one vendor DOA, one from another vendor died within 24 hours. All thre were thin as razors. This one came from Fishy Bizness (Arizona) and it i t one of he healthiest Fish I have received Since starting this tank build. He ate the first day in QT, a little on the shy side right now, stays at one end of the tank, making it hard to get a good pic. Definitely going to be in the running for MVP

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could you be so kind to post a few FTS, some room shots as well to show full tank and cabinet?
would love to see some updated tank pics along with the cabinet, the under cabinet setup and how things are doing.

huge fan of your tank and furniture -

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9417.JPG IMG_9414.JPG Last Tango: Fowleri
My forth try on this fish. Two from one vendor DOA, one from another vendor died within 24 hours. All thre were thin as razors. This one came from Fishy Bizness (Arizona) and it i t one of he healthiest Fish I have received Since starting this tank build. He ate the first day in QT, a little on the shy side right now, stays at one end of the tank, making it hard to get a good pic. Definitely going to be in the running for MVP
Good luck!
Those tangs are beautiful, one of my favorite.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9430.JPG IMG_9435.JPG IMG_9437.JPG
Still dealing with GHA or Bryopsis. Just showed up the past few weeks. I have been dosing Vibrant but now dosing Fluconazole in conjunction with Vibrant. It's been three days already seeing tips turn gray. Cuc and foxface now picking at it whereas before they wouldn't touch it. Not really bad but I could see it was spreading, so the Vibrant alone wasn't getting it done

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks into Fluconazole. No GHA or bryopsis to be seen. I cut back on Vibrant to a weekly dose, seeing small area on back glass of tank that looks like cyano. Skimmer back on water changes resumed no UV or ATS yet. During treatment I did get a jump in Po4, dosed phosphate Rx. Dropped from 0.08 back to o.00 no3 was 3, normally 5-12 dosing sodium nitrate and checking no3 every other day to get back to original no3 levels, corals look better in that range

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9608.JPG IMG_9603.JPG IMG_9604.JPG For a long time I have been searching for a coral that I saw a pic of online and there was no ID, so I posted the pic on SPS ID thread. @kacrocorals581 suggested WWC Blueberry, which I think is correct, @dodgerblew suggested Pearlberry. Well WWC happen to have both, so yeah you guessed it I got both and a Cookie Monster to boot. It was a good day

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like a reef addict unchained. Saw this hybrid on DD and just could not resist. My A Tang perished about 6 weeks ago while in the Holding tank, just became less energetic, then one morning gone. So I had decided that was it, once my Fowleri was out of QT all Tang into acclimation boxes into the DT. Well I guess I will be waiting a little longer cause I could let this beauty pass me by

IMG_9611.PNG

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Consider adding trochus snails for the hair algae and if you add the powder blue tang, make sure it is the last tang you add...they can be somewhat aggressive to all new arrivals . Looking good. Love your stick obession.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider adding trochus snails for the hair algae and if you add the powder blue tang, make sure it is the last tang you add...they can be somewhat aggressive to all new arrivals . Looking good. Love your stick obession.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have 5 tangs going into the display at once, hopefully this will spread any aggression, trying to decide whether to use acclimation boxes or just put them all in

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9614.JPG I had just bought a few coral from FHC, then they had the Live Sale. I couldn't resist. He had some beauties and a couple of surprise Freebies

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back