THE CHEMICAL INTERACTION BETWEEN SPECIES AS A HYPOTHESIS FOR A MATURE TANK

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angel,
I read introduction section of Reef Fundamentals.
Your acknowledge section is an impressive list of who’s who. I agree with stellar achievement and found an interesting ethos:

What is Stellar ecosystem?
Stellar empowers builders to unlock human and economic potential. It combines a powerful, decentralized blockchain network with a global ecosystem of innovators to create opportunities as borderless as ideas.

OP
OP
Beuchat

Beuchat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angel,
I read introduction section of Reef Fundamentals.
Your acknowledge section is an impressive list of who’s who. I agree with stellar achievement and found an interesting ethos:

What is Stellar ecosystem?
Stellar empowers builders to unlock human and economic potential. It combines a powerful, decentralized blockchain network with a global ecosystem of innovators to create opportunities as borderless as ideas.

Thanks Patrick, it is simply a team effort . Different perspectives always provide fruitful results

I appreciate your kind words.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Thanks Patrick, it is simply a team effort . Different perspectives always provide fruitful results”

“Espree decour” is Cajun French

ɛsˈpri də ˌkɔər/​

IPA guide
When a group — whether it's a team, club, class, or Scout troop — gives its members a sense of cohesion and support, it has esprit de corps.

If you've ever been on a sports team that had great morale and team spirit, you've experienced esprit de corps. The term is French, and it literally means "the spirit of the body," with body in this case meaning "group." Originally, esprit de corps was used to describe the morale of military troops. Pronounce it with a hint of a French accent: "espree de core."

manaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll tell you what happens, the corals themselves change the environment to their liking. Each coral colony has an ecosystem around it, completely seperate to the main water column, like a halo. For example through the release of hormones it can actually switch on/off genes in certain bacterium within that ecosystem. It can also farm particular strains that provide benefit. When we drill down further to a corals mucus layer there is yet again another seperate microbial ecosystem, consisting of archea, fungi, bacteriophage's, bacteria, viruses and a whole cast of microscopic organisms.

Rocky Mountain Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Rocky Mountain Reef

Aiptasias are difficult to eliminate so I would recommend that you attack them in several ways. The use of products such as joes juice can be complemented, as indicated by your colleagues, with biological control, but it does not always work. If you can get a fish that consumes them from a hobbyist's aquarium that has solved the problem, you would have a better chance of getting rid of them.
Thank you Angel, being in remote Western Wyoming in the mountains, I don't have many fellow aquarists in the area, as far as I know so far.....hahaha...you never know, it would be nice.

Rocky Mountain Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had forests of Aiptasia in my 700 liter tank - old school setup with ceramic back wall hosted a huge amount of Aiptasia...
A Copperband and 4 lysmata wurdemanni eliminated them.
The first month it look like nothing happened, but then they got the taste for it.
Think the natural way of eliminating pests are the best path to choose in the long run
I have too many aggressive wrasse to have shrimp...but thank you.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll tell you what happens, the corals themselves change the environment to their liking. Each coral colony has an ecosystem around it, completely seperate to the main water column, like a halo. For example through the release of hormones it can actually switch on/off genes in certain bacterium within that ecosystem. It can also farm particular strains that provide benefit. When we drill down further to a corals mucus layer there is yet again another seperate microbial ecosystem, consisting of archea, fungi, bacteriophage's, bacteria, viruses and a whole cast of microscopic organisms
@manaman KUDOS to you!,,

Both Julian Sprung & Charles Delbeek agree in
Science, Art & Technology

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back