The House of Orange

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convenient...
I also caught a foot diameter red eared turtle or something similar and put it in a 5 gallon bucket. My new pet. Next morning it was gone despite the bucket being in the same place. My dad said it jumped out and got away. 20 years later I'm telling the story about my turtle that got away and freeze mid-sentence. "Wait, turtles don't jump. My dad lied to me!"

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also caught a foot diameter red eared turtle or something similar and put it in a 5 gallon bucket. My new pet. Next morning it was gone despite the bucket being in the same place. My dad said it jumped out and got away. 20 years later I'm telling the story about my turtle that got away and freeze mid-sentence. "Wait, turtles don't jump. My dad lied to me!"

That must have been a freakin' boomer trick or something because I also never knew how my snapper really got out of our above ground swimming pool that day :thinking-face:

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000017120.jpg

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good dead animal disposal. When one of our pets died, my mom would bring it over to the old couple living across the street for a "burial" and the old man would just toss it into the ditch behind his house. I knew little of this at the time.
So what your saying is invest is a snapping turtle farm vs a pig farm

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must have been a freakin' boomer trick or something because I also never knew how my snapper really got out of our above ground swimming pool that day :thinking-face:
parents are really good at stimulating the shallow energies of many creatures (including jumping turtle)

Last edited:

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the opposite side of that I caught a baby red ear in a ditch and my dad went and got me a tank and all the stuff I needed to keep her. I use to feed her anything I could catch in the ditch. Crawfish and minnows….throw them in the tank and let her work for her dinner….her name was Speedy (those turtle are faster than you think). When I caught her I could close my hand around her. When I let her go she was as big as my hand…

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very careful climbed the ladder—-duh

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good dead animal disposal. When one of our pets died, my mom would bring it over to the old couple living across the street for a "burial" and the old man would just toss it into the ditch behind his house. I knew little of this at the time.
Would this work for dead prostitutes? Asking for a friend...

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
G'mornin', Heathens! I'll be outside landscaping for most of the day, but I'll pop in here and there. Expect delays if you need me. Don't burn the place down or anything.

Namaste.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I can’t use the stove? Already banned from knives
Not after what happened the last time. The insurance company still hasn't paid out yet.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work for dead prostitutes? Asking for a friend...
Enough alligator snappers will dispose of any body. Just theoretically speaking, of course.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'mornin', Heathens! I'll be outside landscaping for most of the day, but I'll pop in here and there. Expect delays if you need me. Don't burn the place down or anything.

Namaste.
I make no promises

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude... not even gonna a lie- I resent you just a little bit right now. Hahahaha. That's f'n sweet! Can't wait to see it come together!
I can't wait to design and build it. Gonna improve all the things the 300 lacks and I learned over the years and from all of you. I am sure the tangs gonna be happy.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that depth allows for some seriously stunning aquascape possibilities. I'm super happy for you, bud. What's your timeline?
well my friend is buying my other friends house and we have a dedicated room for the 300 to go to in that house. He is going to do cichlids..I am thinking in the next 6 months...Will take a lot of planning to remove and replace tanks...Yes I really want that depth. I am really wanting a TRUE inside of 30 inches...outside can be 6ftx4ft.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, not all of Louisiana is swamp!

Edit: I suppose I read that as "Louisiana = swamp". Yup... revealing some underlying sensitivities, perhaps...!
My family hails from Amite City! But I lived in Denham Springs for a bit. No swamps there, just alligator snappers in the ditch!
I'll just leave this here:

1000010003.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back