JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s post fish pics plz

IMG_2637.jpeg
No good ones today. The pinkies are flirting with me, but as soon as the camera comes out they're gone.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawkfish is being a bully despite being about half the size of the bird. When I upgrade guess who’s number 1 on the rehoming list.
Lol, always so bossy. My little falco holds his own with all the big wrasses, triggers, puffers, angels, and tangs. Only fish I've seen him back down to is the neon dottyback.

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Group,

Huge Wrasse fan here. Currently have a 48x24 100G tank current with a Pintail & Carpenters wrasse. Considering added a Lubbocki and Exquisite in the near future. Would love to add a leopard or two but hate to see myself fail at it.

Any concerns?

Thank you.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Group,

Huge Wrasse fan here. Currently have a 48x24 100G tank current with a Pintail & Carpenters wrasse. Considering added a Lubbocki and Exquisite in the near future. Would love to add a leopard or two but hate to see myself fail at it.

Any concerns?

Thank you.
It should work. Never a guarantee when you fix fairies but those are three of the best to mix!

For leopards finding a healthy one at a store can make it easy. Just make sure you see it eat

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to what @Slocke said, when transporting the leopard, ask for a bag woth about an inch of sand in the bottom to help with 1) stress, and 2) injury prevention when the leopard inevitably dives down to hide and hits sand instead of a taut bag.

Same goes for shipping if you get one shipped. Ask for sand in the bag.

For acclimation, I found having a "landing pad" tank helps. Have it salinity matched to the bag water and an inch and a half of sand or a dish of sand. Raise the salinity to your DT salinity over a few days.

For non-sand sleepers, I use an acclimation box. For sand sleepers, I transport them from the landing pad by scopping them up in a tupper, capturing the sand (dish should make this even easier). And... I've only done this twice, but I scooped them out of the tupper in my hand, then transported them by hand straight to a quiet spot in the sand bed and released them. They immediately went into the sand and then I left them be to explore and self acclimate to the new tank.

Hope that helps!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was worried my little ornate leopard went missing as I hadn't seen her in 2 days. I've been getting home later than usual, and apparently she was already in bed. Got home today, and she's out and about looking as fat as ever. Didn't manage to snap a pic though, she is pretty camera shy.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On to my peaceful wrasse. My flasher has somehow ended up in the sump again. But in awesome news my YTT tamarin is finally putting on weight and is looking healthy again.

Also @i cant think whered you go?
I’m here! I’ve just not been hugely active this past few weeks.

BadObsession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my dragon wrasse decades ago. Would burrow and sleep during the day, hunt at night.

Anyway guys, what is the friendliest/beginner wrasse? My gf also wants to setup a friendly FOWLR aquarium. She plants to put them with clowns and damsels.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my dragon wrasse decades ago. Would burrow and sleep during the day, hunt at night.

Anyway guys, what is the friendliest/beginner wrasse? My gf also wants to setup a friendly FOWLR aquarium. She plants to put them with clowns and damsels.
That size tank?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice Halichoeres for that tank. Maybe an iridis? @i cant think @Slocke how is iridis on the "nice" scale? I understand H. biocellatus is on the nicer side of Halichoeres (I like the coloration of H. claudia a bit more, though). My H. chrysus is nice, but a bit flighty. Lots of great options in Halichoeres.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice Halichoeres for that tank. Maybe an iridis? @i cant think @Slocke how is iridis on the "nice" scale? I understand H. biocellatus is on the nicer side of Halichoeres (I like the coloration of H. claudia a bit more, though). My H. chrysus is nice, but a bit flighty. Lots of great options in Halichoeres.
My Male was able to hold his own and put up a fight but wouldn’t outright go for another Halichoeres.
My female is similar but doesn’t really put up a fight and instead fleas as she’s still small and only ~2”.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Question for the pros: I'm pretty sure I can BUT I have an H. Leucoxanthus and an H. Melanurus that will be in the tank. Should I consider adding another sand sleeper in a 35" x 21" x 21" tank?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back