These unknown zoas are killing me!

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blues could be Blue Lagoon if they aren’t Frozen Apples my frozen apples definitely have more green centers overall so the patterning matches lagoons more for me. I’m sure they go by other names too.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don’t eat anymore of these zoas if they are killing you. There are so many other things that you can eat and enjoy without the risk of death.

This hobby has so many dangers to our health and I hope that you can find peace under the circumstances, as I do understand this situation all too well.

Try the 12 steps and the serenity prayer, they have not helped me much but you may have been results?
now im into it great british bake off GIF by BBC

;) :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
Ha! I’m not sure I’d like the texture of eating zoas. Might be like having to down an oyster. Look out lips, look out tongue, look out belly here it comes!! Actually, I think I do get a reaction to my tank water. I’m just getting over a mystery rash on my right arm and my skin burns a little whenever I’m messing around in the tank. Worth it though. I’m in it for the long haul.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blues could be Blue Lagoon if they aren’t Frozen Apples my frozen apples definitely have more green centers overall so the patterning matches lagoons more for me. I’m sure they go by other names too.
Oh cool. I’ll look into those!

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cornbred Rainbow Infusion from @Cultivated Reef
1711576249325.jpeg

Sure, there is some variation in how a certain named zoa/paly looks from one shop/tank to another. Not all children look the same either. Well, we're not reproducing asexually, but still.
Wow. That is spectacular! I want a large portion of my new tank to be a Zoa garden. I’m going up to a 40B. Not my dream tank but it will be fun to have more room. And a pink spot goby I fell in love with.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas are the rabbit hole of the hobby it seems
Hard not to like. I think they are tricky too. Some are the same but have different names. You buy a few online and they look nothing like what you thought you were getting. Even if I got some of those Zoa’s in the picture from my LFS they won’t look like that - they use Red Sea lights. Ahhhh woe is life

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. That is spectacular! I want a large portion of my new tank to be a Zoa garden. I’m going up to a 40B. Not my dream tank but it will be fun to have more room. And a pink spot goby I fell in love with.
My 40gal zoa garden
PXL_20240318_213407625~3.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve been looking for months trying to figure these 3 zoas - maybe palys- out. I’ve gone back and video’s, snapped pictures, drooled. I’m now asking y’all if they look familiar because I really need to find and buy them. This tank is the display tank t Aqua-Dome in Austin, TX. They don’t know what they are and they don’t seem keen on fragging some for me. Scroll up to see the greenish ones at the bottom of the photo. Also, the luscious ones top right have a mint green look as you might tell by the video
IMG_6493.png

Possibilities:
Blue eyed girl
incinerators

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I’m not sure I’d like the texture of eating zoas. Might be like having to down an oyster. Look out lips, look out tongue, look out belly here it comes!! Actually, I think I do get a reaction to my tank water. I’m just getting over a mystery rash on my right arm and my skin burns a little whenever I’m messing around in the tank. Worth it though. I’m in it for the long haul.
I hate my long gloves because I can’t feel the frags when I am wearing gloves and trying to glue them in place but they do keep my hands out of the water and prevent exposure to them and me.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate my long gloves because I can’t feel the frags when I am wearing gloves and trying to glue them in place but they do keep my hands out of the water and prevent exposure to them and me.
That's what I need to do is just go get some long gloves.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back