Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this tank?

Curious about updates as well!
We moved house which didn’t go so well and lost most of the coral and half of the fish :(

However, instead of packing it all in I decided to upgrade and have a Red Sea S-700 now. I’ll get a new tank thread going but here’s a little taster. Tank will contain the same venomous fish species but be more softie dominated :)
IMG_1589.jpeg

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May I ask what do you think went wrong in the move? I’m planning to move my tank within a year.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We moved house which didn’t go so well and lost most of the coral and half of the fish :(

However, instead of packing it all in I decided to upgrade and have a Red Sea S-700 now. I’ll get a new tank thread going but here’s a little taster. Tank will contain the same venomous fish species but be more softie dominated :)
IMG_1589.jpeg
Looking good!
I recently did the same upgrade - D-D1200 to an S-700. How do you find the height on the S-700?

OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask what do you think went wrong in the move? I’m planning to move my tank within a year.
I think a heater stuck on in one of the tubs overnight the day after the move. I remember noticing the water felt very warm but other than that I couldn’t pinpoint anything else. The fish thankfully were in a separate tub but when I added everything back to the aquarium the softies basically became soup over the next two weeks and the fish got what I think was a bacterial infection.

OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!
I recently did the same upgrade - D-D1200 to an S-700. How do you find the height on the S-700?
I love the height - I’ve built tall rock structures and can’t wait to fill it top to bottom with soft corals. I’ve added a wavebox too and love the natural movement this brings.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the height - I’ve built tall rock structures and can’t wait to fill it top to bottom with soft corals. I’ve added a wavebox too and love the natural movement this brings.
I definitely found the height a great move, my hammers seem to love the new levels of flow too.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1589.jpeg
Your tank looks like it is doing great!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back