OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've received crabs and shrimp from him and I live in the desert. I lost one Emerald Crab and one Peppermint Shrimp out of 3 orders.
It was in no way his fault. He refunded the order. It was all on USPS.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually organize a group order for ReefCleaners every few months. With 4 buyers, that works out to ~$11pp, not so bad. This last order, though, he accidentally shipped a week too early, before I got everyone else's orders in, and so I ended up eating the entire shipping costs. If you have other locals or a frag swap group, not a bad route.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most vendors frown on that but it makes sense. They make more money on purchases and lose less on shipping sending one box instead of 4...
John knows about my group buys. He's generally not condoning it since it is problematic when multiple buyers are throwing in, but I place all the orders on my card and get reimbursed on pickup at my office and have a pretty tight SOP for arrival-acclimation-pickup-payment. So not too bad for him.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
John knows about my group buys. He's generally not condoning it since it is problematic when multiple buyers are throwing in, but I place all the orders on my card and get reimbursed on pickup at my office and have a pretty tight SOP for arrival-acclimation-pickup-payment. So not too bad for him.
Right, but typically shipping is more than the $45 you pay which means if he ships more than 1 box he loses more money so group buys mean more savings for him and the group in my mathematical mind.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do test the tank weekly but I'm not good at actually posting the results.
Feeling lazy today. Here's the last monthish.

WoW... this is why i got an apex.
I have to give you props for doing it the old way.

I think if i had to keep a note book like yours and write down values every week, i would probably get tired really fast and stop testing all together until my tank turned green and it was too late.

:thinking-face:

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW... this is why i got an apex.
I have to give you props for doing it the old way.

I think if i had to keep a note book like yours and write down values every week, i would probably get tired really fast and stop testing all together until my tank turned green and it was too late.

:thinking-face:
Thanks but I don't trust apex. Esp now.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a tan derasas clam and some more feeder snails for Pop Tart. The "shop" is holding it for me until I get back from playing pirate. It's just a simple tan one. They had blue ones but I am really liking the tan for some weird reason.
Think I will end up getting a 10g to take for the r2r express tranfer. That little 5g just isn't gonna work.
I love the tan ones, and I have a soft spot for hippopus clams over most the other ones. I'm a weirdo.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back