3   0   0
welcome2.gif

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! I just finished a week 3 of patiently waiting for my tank to cycle! Ammonia and nitrite are reading 0 and there's just a slight amount of nitrates. Am I supposed to do a water change now before I add an animal? I don't want to hurt any creatures so I wanted to make sure I do everything perfectly correct! Let me know ASAP cuz I'm getting antsy!
Welcome. Go buy a fish!

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fantastic! Most of the animals on your list are the same as what I'm planning on except for the questionable clowns. I also will be having a pajama Cardinal instead of the Royal Gramma. As for the inverts I'm not going to get a pistol shrimp I am going to get a coral banded one. Other than that they look pretty similar! Thanks for the list cuz it verifies compatibility!
My first fish is a PJ Cardinal (going 1 year and still swimming, knock on wood!)...very peaceful, not overly active but seems to never sleep! I have a 38g and also have a Carpenter Wrasse, a fat Royal Gramma and a Skunk Clown. All 4 fish get along great! I see some chasing around at times but no nipping or aggression. I would suggest you try to find fish that are still small/juvenile, I think it helps them get along better as they grow.

Keep us posted as you stock your waterworld!

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first fish is a PJ Cardinal (going 1 year and still swimming, knock on wood!)...very peaceful, not overly active but seems to never sleep! I have a 38g and also have a Carpenter Wrasse, a fat Royal Gramma and a Skunk Clown. All 4 fish get along great! I see some chasing around at times but no nipping or aggression. I would suggest you try to find fish that are still small/juvenile, I think it helps them get along better as they grow.

Keep us posted as you stock your waterworld!
Sounds wonderful! Tomorrow, I will get my first fish and I'm so excited!

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 AIO biocube. I was mainly going to do invertebrates and corals with just a few fish. I can't wait to start getting all the creatures but I know I can only get one a week after my first one. By the summer I should be able to start with corals hopefully!
Did someone say Biocube AND invertebrates?!?!?! my two favorite subjects
Pop Up Hello GIF by CBC

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent! Is that what you have too?
Yes I have a 32 biocube and a deep affection for my inverts. My kids are constantly asking each other what I am doing and the other one will respond, "Mommy is playing with her snails again" lol.
I have a separate tank a 13.4 evo that I use as a coral and invert quarantine for the biocube. I'm getting geared up for my first coral purchase coming soon. I also plan on getting a pom pom crab or two, maybe three for my nano :)
The biocube is a super fun tank, and the lid (because I have small kids constantly throwing things) is an must-have bonus :)

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have a 32 biocube and a deep affection for my inverts. My kids are constantly asking each other what I am doing and the other one will respond, "Mommy is playing with her snails again" lol.
I have a separate tank a 13.4 evo that I use as a coral and invert quarantine for the biocube. I'm getting geared up for my first coral purchase coming soon. I also plan on getting a pom pom crab or two, maybe three for my nano :)
The biocube is a super fun tank, and the lid (because I have small kids constantly throwing things) is an must-have bonus :)
That is so cute! I've always had fish tanks and I love my fish were my little babies but this time around with the saltwater reef aquarium, I am especially ecstatic about getting the inverts!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back