Third week in!

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! I just finished a week 3 of patiently waiting for my tank to cycle! Ammonia and nitrite are reading 0 and there's just a slight amount of nitrates. Am I supposed to do a water change now before I add an animal? I don't want to hurt any creatures so I wanted to make sure I do everything perfectly correct! Let me know ASAP cuz I'm getting antsy!

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re numbers are good try a fish. No need to water change!
Welcome to the club
club check GIF

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s only one way to find out if you’re ready now! Be confident! But know in this hobby you will kill something eventually. It’s ok.
Dick Wolf Everyone GIF by Wolf Entertainment
I accidentally flushed a brand new watchman goby down the drain the day after I got it because it slipped into my sock within an hour of me having it and I didn’t check when emptying out the sock

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toss in a pair of clowns, no need for a water change, nitrate is fine mine are constantly at 5-10 ppm. Don’t feed first day and make sure not to overfeed and just keep checking params
I'm kind of afraid of clownfish because I've heard so much black about how territorial they get and can be mean to other fish. Is this true? I was going to put a pajama Cardinal fish in there first. What do you think?

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kind of afraid of clownfish because I've heard so much black about how territorial they get and can be mean to other fish. Is this true? I was going to put a pajama Cardinal fish in there first. What do you think?
Many people recommend clowns first because they are really hardy but I'm not one of them. Clowns tend to be territorial so I would add another easy-to-keep first fish and clowns only near the last, if at all. The cardinal is a fine choice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back