This can't be normal. I want to be a good reefer. HELP

JMLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's all in my head..... but with 2 days of no GFO or carbon running, I can already see an improvement. I swear the zoa's are opening already.....

Triton ordered.

Best thing I did for my corals was to remove my GFO, I couldn't keep corals alive and couldn't figure out the issue until it was to late. I had the old school thinking that 0 po4 was a good thing. Now I actually have to dose Seachem Phosphorus. If I get below .05 ppm my corals start looking bad.

Also with the low nutrients it's a good idea to keep alk under 8 DKH. If I go over 8 the tips of my Sps start to recede.

OP
OP
Bubblebass

Bubblebass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing I did for my corals was to remove my GFO, I couldn't keep corals alive and couldn't figure out the issue until it was to late. I had the old school thinking that 0 po4 was a good thing. Now I actually have to dose Seachem Phosphorus. If I get below .05 ppm my corals start looking bad.

Also with the low nutrients it's a good idea to keep alk under 8 DKH. If I go over 8 the tips of my Sps start to recede.

What do you keep your PO at now? What's considered a therapeutic level?

OP
OP
Bubblebass

Bubblebass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Triton results back. Maybe you guys can give me a hand with the results. If this thread is too old to get much attention, I'll post in a separate thread.

Attachments

• Triton.pdf
    124.6 KB · Views: 74

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like you have a substantially elevated Barium level. I know the soluable barium ion can be poisonous. @Randy Holmes-Farley is probably the best one equiped to interpret your results, I'm sure he will be able to tell you if your barium level is really a concern or not.

OP
OP
Bubblebass

Bubblebass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I saw that also. The only thing I've ever dosed is NOPOX, CA, MG, ROX Carbon, BRS GFO and ALK. No idea where that could be coming from. How about the other levels?

BTW - corals have really come around and most are now surviving since taking my GFO offline.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back