OP
SaltLifeMom

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got the AIO Blues Girl!!! All the big tank aspirations and not enough tank. ;)

Know what I'm saying? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Yes you do! Looks like you're serious about what you're doing, the tank inhabitants look great and the tank is clean...pat yourself on the back and treat yourself to an upgrade. The only thing you NEED is more room.

I love you lol!!! I feel this!

OP
OP
SaltLifeMom

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to achieve in the tank ?

What corals and fish do you have or want to have ?

All the equipment you've bought it nice but what's the goal ?

I would agree with a post earlier in the thread, water changes will keep this tank in balance. Automate the water changes with a DOS and you'll keep water quality very high. Schedule your 2 part or whatever you're using for right after the water change and things will flourish, IMHO.

Good question. I think I'm trying to achieve exactly what I have, plus continued growth. For a year, I thought I had to chase numbers, and I thinkbthat lead to panic that my numbers weren't perfect. They still aren't perfect but everything in the tank is looking great and seems happy, so I've come to the realization that maybe for my tank things are good. Life lessons!

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up an IM 15 Cube and keeping it simple. First chamber will have biological in the form of large media such as Pond Matrix or Fluval FX media. Pond Matrix will not hold detritus and probably my choice. Second chamber will likely house Pom Pom but only if pH control needed. Can carbon dose to eliminate nitrates. Pump chamber will be drawn by a canister where all mechanical and chemical filtration will exist. Using an FX2 because they have an FX UV-C that clamps on it. Flow rate can be adjusted down to 170gph and as high as 343gph full of media. IM 15 can handle 300gph through the weir. Return will be plumbed to the output where the internal pump would have gone. Heater will also go into this chamber along with probes and dosing. An option would be using the internal pump to drive everything and considering the Might Jet or new AI Axis as I like it's ergonomics and ties in with my Mobius app. No feed mode on that FX and perhaps next generation upgraded with DC option and app. Due to size, doubt I'll be maintaining that canister often other than to replace floss and/or carbon although both could be added external to the canister to ease maintenance but that would then add clutter and more parts.

No skimmer needed. No under tank sump needed. Going to sit on my desk therefore keeping clutter down a must plus I'm not going to be keeping overly sensitive species and not all tanks need to be run as if Sticks exist. Want my display for just that. Display. Also not a fan of contraptions around my display. Distracts from the beauty within.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the skimmer and fug. It’s overkill. Your bio load is small.

But faithful, weekly 20% water changes should be substituted for those pieces of equipment.

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to consolidate some equipment, many nano internal/hob skimmers fit inside the bigger aqua clear hob filters. Just another option.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love you lol!!! I feel this!
LOL Yeah you know, shop around patiently and look at what's out there.
There are a lot of good deals. You might find something that will help you get everything you have now neat and organized how you want. I dealt with issues like this for years and years until I built the system I have now where I was able to just plan the whole thing from scratch. And it's not even a large system. It's just well-planned...for once...and I can work on it and even have people over to see it without saying something like "Oh man, don't go in there!" :grinning-squinting-face:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back