OP
OP
Toomnymods

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally my Giesmann 72" Infinity light fixture arrived!! Might have to order some sunglasses for my fish. This light fixture is insanely bright and should have no problem growing sps :)

Picking it up from Fed Ex Freight

Took a while to get mounted as I wanted to make sure the way I was mounting it from the ceiling was safe enough to support the weight. I estimate the weight of the fixture to be around 35-40lbs.
My choice of bulbs for this fixture where:
3-250 watt HQI Phoenix 14k bulbs
2-80 watt ATI Blue +
2-80 watt ATI Actinic
(Never used t5's before so I'm hoping this combo will offer the nice color pop for my corals)
I'm also using 3-400 watt Luxcore dimmable ballasts (has a 250 watt HQI setting)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toomnymods

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a ton of more goodies this week. Ordered a Geo 618 calcium reactor
Geo SMC 618 second media chamber
10 lb Co2 bottle
electronic carbon doser bubble counter
Vertex 3L zeolith reactor
44 lbs of ReBorn
8.8 lbs of ReMag
16 lbs of Caribsea fine grain reactor media
Neptune systems PM1
Neptune Systems labgrade double junction ph probe
KZ 3L zeolith stones
KZ ZeoStart3 500ml
KZ ZeoBak 50ml
KZ Zeofood 7 100ml
KZ Coral Snow 500ml
KZ Cyano clean
KZ Biomate 50ml

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed in your original post your going for a mixed reef and had a potters angel on your stock list. I know ever person has a different experience but since I am going through something wanted to share... I have a 150 mixed reef tank and back in December decided to give a flame angel a try. He was fine up until a few weeks ago. Like a switch turned on and he decided to eat coral. Has whipped out almost all my acans, killed a lobo, Duncan, chalice and has caused a scoly to recede badly. Hasn't touched sps as much but have caught him give a few sticks a little nibble. I noticed my LPS going downhill a few weeks ago and walking by the tank one afternoon saw the angel going to town on a acan colony, since them have seen him hit all the others listed. I hate this fish, lol!!! I have tried everything to catch it and this weekend will be pulling rocks to remove. Big headache. Just wanted to throw that out there if you are considering a mixed reef and adding an angel. It also doesn't mean you will have the same issue I did but I myself will never try it again.

nkarisny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed in your original post your going for a mixed reef and had a potters angel on your stock list. I know ever person has a different experience but since I am going through something wanted to share... I have a 150 mixed reef tank and back in December decided to give a flame angel a try. He was fine up until a few weeks ago. Like a switch turned on and he decided to eat coral. Has whipped out almost all my acans, killed a lobo, Duncan, chalice and has caused a scoly to recede badly. Hasn't touched sps as much but have caught him give a few sticks a little nibble. I noticed my LPS going downhill a few weeks ago and walking by the tank one afternoon saw the angel going to town on a acan colony, since them have seen him hit all the others listed. I hate this fish, lol!!! I have tried everything to catch it and this weekend will be pulling rocks to remove. Big headache. Just wanted to throw that out there if you are considering a mixed reef and adding an angel. It also doesn't mean you will have the same issue I did but I myself will never try it again.
maybe up feeding time for angel lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back