OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One reason i always shied away from feeding meds. You never know what amount the fish have actually ingested. I always stick to medicating the water in suggested doses.
It's really not my area of expertise in the slightest. It seems like a logical argument that getting higher concentrations of the medicine to the source will have a better effect. But are infrequent higher doses better than sustained lower ones? I have not a clue. Based on the evidence here, it would seem to suggest that feeding combined with Prazipro was insufficient at saving this fish, but that doesn't mean treating the water would have saved it. Sigh...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really not my area of expertise in the slightest. It seems like a logical argument that getting higher concentrations of the medicine to the source will have a better effect. But are infrequent higher doses better than sustained lower ones? I have not a clue. Based on the evidence here, it would seem to suggest that feeding combined with Prazipro was insufficient at saving this fish, but that doesn't mean treating the water would have saved it. Sigh...

For treating internal parasites, it is optimal to deliver the med(s) right into the intestines where the worms live. This is best accomplished via food soaking.

If the fish is not eating or not eating enough of the medicated food, then dosing the water column becomes your next best option. Saltwater fish do drink the water they're in and there are other ways for their bodies to absorb medication.

Daniel acuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3:
The worms are dead. To be honest, I'm not surprised. That at least tells me that you can't medicate a batch of them and use them for the full 10 days of treatment. It still doesn't answer my original question though of whether or not you can treat the worms and then feed them to the fish within 48 hours.
My friend i have try the same on my discus it does work how ever if the fish is too sick and not eating you need a water treatment in a small hospital tank about 10 gallons. Now you have the idea but you need to know metroplex is 70% metronidazole and metronidazole lose his power 8h after getting wet it means you shouldn’t treat you back worms for days bc after 8h the medicine is gone all you need to do is treat them fro about 30 min to 1h before you feed your fish just ad 1 metroplex and one focus with the little spoon they come to one hose spoon of black worms if you have alot of fish sick or half spoon to half house spoon let it rest for 30 min to 1h and feed them all and do the seme for 7 to 10 days remember just treat what you are gonna feed keep the rest on clean water for the incoming days i hope it help you fix your problems good luck…

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back