Trident Sign Ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
I haven’t received a call yet. I was 5-10 minutes after it went live. I have verified I am on the list.

Same boat. I was pretty quick to sign up looking back but haven't received any notification or call. I have not verified that I'm on the list other than just getting the confirmation via the signup. Didn't even know you could.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's strange that you all that signed up immediately have not gotten yours and others who signed up hours after you already got theirs.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same boat. I was pretty quick to sign up looking back but haven't received any notification or call. I have not verified that I'm on the list other than just getting the confirmation via the signup. Didn't even know you could.
I pm’d BRS to ask if I was on it, they verified I am on the list but not my order. I am on another company’s list and finally making it to # 2 so I am soon on it.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t received a call yet. I was 5-10 minutes after it went live. I have verified I am on the list.
Similar,

I think I signed up 10-15 minutes after it went live, still no call, but I might be off. As long as my friend who signed up a few minutes after me does not get his trident first, I have no complaints haha.

Edit: Just confirmed I’m on the list. BRS is pretty quick at replying to their emails.

Last edited:

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar,

I think I signed up 10-15 minutes after it went live, still no call, but I might be off. As long as my friend who signed up a few minutes after me does not get his trident first, I have no complaints haha.

Edit: Just confirmed I’m on the list. BRS is pretty quick at replying to their emails.
Yes BRS has been very responsive!

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar,

Pretty good chance that your friend will get one first, as it appears that signup order got reversed. :(

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar,

Pretty good chance that your friend will get one first, as it appears that signup order got reversed. :(

U

User1

View Badges

Reversed? Who confirmed that?

I reached out today via chat and was told they are still working on the initial list from the first day. I don't want to read too much into what was said and I know they are not giving position (which I don't agree with but won't argue) but at least they said I'm on "a" list.

The only thing I know is that I should be on the "same day" list as I and a few others here signed up on June 6th. I can't imagine that list being that large or not being in the top 100 but it is what it is. Clearly the demand is more than the supply chain can handle and we have no visibility with regards to our position.

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reversed? Who confirmed that?

I reached out today via chat and was told they are still working on the initial list from the first day. I don't want to read too much into what was said and I know they are not giving position (which I don't agree with but won't argue) but at least they said I'm on "a" list.

The only thing I know is that I should be on the "same day" list as I and a few others here signed up on June 6th. I can't imagine that list being that large or not being in the top 100 but it is what it is. Clearly the demand is more than the supply chain can handle and we have no visibility with regards to our position.
Nothing confirmed. Just my observation based on times when people signed up first day and when they received their calls or still waiting, like me. I will likely be last one to get the call from day 1. So I am rooting for you to get your call, because I will be getting closer to my call :)

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's strange that you all that signed up immediately have not gotten yours and others who signed up hours after you already got theirs.

Isn't it though? 'Strange', well I guess that's one way to describe it. Not the words I would choose, but this is a family friendly forum.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I sent and received from BRS.
I have to admit I am a bit frustrated with the way the Trident has been handled.
So my email to BRS was not the most polite but, that said I don't think I am way off as well.
So yes hate me for whining, drag me through the couch commando social media mud, I don't care my feeling's will not get bent.
But at the end of the day whiner or not this is was a ridicules way to turn out and distribute a product.

From me.
Quote"

Sent today.

I know this is a daily question. But I guess it’s my turn to ask.
Trident list.
I have been on the call list since the start of it, I have no way of knowing as there has been no confirmation that I am,
I did sign up again the other day, I know you guys frown on multiple entries but…..

By reading on R2R, FishLore, YT, and other social media avenues, I feel as if there may be some preferential treatment going on here,
it seems to be all the big guns have had no issue in being the first in line, and continue to be that way.

I know I am asking for a bit of special treatment here and I am a small fish in the BRS customer pond in comparison to most but dang I have done just under $8,500.00, Worth of business over the past year. Not looking for an exact date but how about the month it will be my turn? unquote"

Quote"
Mark (BulkReefSupply)
Jul 15, 14:43 CDT

Hey Kevin,
Thanks for reaching out to us. You are in fact on the list and we do not do any special treatment as the call out is based on time you signed up. If you have any further questions please let us know. Take care!

Mark
Unquote"

Me again..
I know this truly is not BRS's fault and should not hold them accountable. Barked at the wrong tree here. (Maybe)
But I don't feel I am 100% wrong on my assumptions as well.
The big time social media players across all venues of media had first dibs over us peons, and I get that, I do, it's good for business of the retailers and the manufacturer, to make sure your paid and or free advertisers have something to review and advertise.

But the secracy of all this tells me it may be years before some of us will ever see a unit.
Think about it, if BRS only gets 10 a week and there are 1000 already in line some will be waiting 23 months for the call.
Crazy but true.

I bet I went straight to the last on the list today, lol.

U

User1

View Badges
@K7BMG I don't think it is like you said with regards to complaints, etc. I know some will take it that way like we are stomping a size 6 foot with a frown and arms crossed but it really isn't. I mean you can look at the waiting list thread in this sub forum and the last post or so a few people did take it that way but I don't. I hear ya.

Unfortunately the list BRS created was ad-hoc because of how their inventory system works or doesn't depending on your viewpoint. Anyway they elected to throw something together because many ran into issues getting the trident in their cart only to get the spinning of death hug from their system because it was pulled in parallel and sold out from under you by another buyer who was faster or had their payment information saved. Others had it actually bought, later tried to update shipping overnight, and again lost the item unbeknownst to them which later BRS fixed. Thus the list was born. And has it was born rather quickly and not nine months later you sign up and get a message via the UI to say thanks, done. Not a replay to say you are on the list let alone a position and here we are.

Again, not bashing them at all just stating how any of us today can sign up and what we will see. Now if you go to the waiting list thread and look at post number 88 which says what day (not time) the list was created. You can also see who responded and surmise on your own from there as to where we think one should be. At this point it is all up in the are and left to conspiracy theory or just blame Trump. Seems that always works, right? I'm teasing on blaming our president - he has enough on his plate and he probably couldn't get one either...

There really is no fault here other than possibly the demand outweighing the supply and that nut falls on Neptune. If I wanted to give a recommendation the only thing to me that would make sense is to let people send in a email, or do it proactive, to request position on the list and while doing say ask if they are still interested. This way it leaves the chat process for higher priorities (poor Chad - he must get hit up a lot :) ).

Anyway it is another week. Good luck.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@K7BMG
There really is no fault here other than possibly the demand outweighing the supply and that nut falls on Neptune.

Transparency from the manufacturer or vendors would go a long way. If I was on the list for this product, I'd have a lot more patience if I had an idea of how many were coming in. If it's dozens a week, I'd feel better about waiting. If it's 2, I'd consider other products that have similar features.

I hope supply increases and whoever wants one can get one at MSRP soon.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back