Triton Core 7 stock date?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like I said.... water changes will be making a comeback. This is a debacle... I know the defenders will skewer me for this but if triton doesn’t get this fixed soon ( and it’s been quite a while already) it spells their death in the US market. people are starting to move on simply because their systems are at risk. It will not be by choice.... it’s just a practical reality.
Funny thing there is no magic here. It’s all chemicals. I have cut back on water changes without triton and have had no untoward effects. Funny. Perhaps it’s that everyone is doing too many water changes in general not the triton method

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing there is no magic here. It’s all chemicals. I have cut back on water changes without triton and have had no untoward effects. Funny. Perhaps it’s that everyone is doing too many water changes in general not the triton method

So you're not dosing any alk, calcium or trace elements without doing water changes? I don't think many people would disagree that Triton is very similar to other products out there. It's simply easy to use by dosing equal amounts of core 7 with no calcium reactor etc. required. If I stop using Triton, yes, I can easily accomplish the same no water change system with other "chemicals" and equipment but then I'd have to figure out the correct doses that may not be easily balanced or in equal part, maintain a calcium reactor etc.

You seem to throw this out there in many Triton threads. If you have a system that maintains perfect water parameters with similar ease please share your method and actual ICP results over several months so we can all benefit. After nearly 8 months of no water changes with Triton, my ICP results remain nearly perfect with a simple doser and 4 premixed solutions which is hard to beat (but I'm more than willing to be wrong).

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ordered a set from AS. Got an email today and said essentially they have the 3A and 3B in the old packaging that was about to bust through the sides. They said what they did for the previous customer was double bag and vacuum seal those 2 in case they leaked they would still be in the bag.

I normally run other supplements, though I do have a fuge as well, so getting the regular and using that isn't a big deal for me. Worst case scenario I have about 1/4 left in my "others" containers and if it comes back in stock somewhere else before I need to swap, I will hold these as a backup.

So if somebody is desperate, they do have them in stock and available at AS, they're just the old packaging that caused this mess to begin with.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you're not dosing any alk, calcium or trace elements without doing water changes? I don't think many people would disagree that Triton is very similar to other products out there. It's simply easy to use by dosing equal amounts of core 7 with no calcium reactor etc. required. If I stop using Triton, yes, I can easily accomplish the same no water change system with other "chemicals" and equipment but then I'd have to figure out the correct doses that may not be easily balanced or in equal part, maintain a calcium reactor etc.

You seem to throw this out there in many Triton threads. If you have a system that maintains perfect water parameters with similar ease please share your method and actual ICP results over several months so we can all benefit. After nearly 8 months of no water changes with Triton, my ICP results remain nearly perfect with a simple doser and 4 premixed solutions which is hard to beat (but I'm more than willing to be wrong).

No - I said chemicals are chemicals. The carbonate from Triton is the same as other companies, The calcium is the same. ETC ETC. The only benefit to Triton (IMHO) is the testing they provide - and that is spurious. I don't test ICP - my tank has no problems - you can check my build thread if you like. I'm going to post more pictures tomorrow. My tank remains how I want it to be without expensive (out of supply) chemicals, and ICP testing. If there is a problem - I would send an iCP test.

My guess is that you're not willing to be wrong - but its only IMHO.

FWIW - I dose Calc, Alk, and a vitamin supplement from Seachem. no more no less.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - I said chemicals are chemicals. The carbonate from Triton is the same as other companies, The calcium is the same. ETC ETC. The only benefit to Triton (IMHO) is the testing they provide - and that is spurious. I don't test ICP - my tank has no problems - you can check my build thread if you like. I'm going to post more pictures tomorrow. My tank remains how I want it to be without expensive (out of supply) chemicals, and ICP testing. If there is a problem - I would send an iCP test.

My guess is that you're not willing to be wrong - but its only IMHO.

FWIW - I dose Calc, Alk, and a vitamin supplement from Seachem. no more no less.

I guess I can see how a mature tank with stable growth would be somewhat easy to manage without Triton, but with a rapidly expanding and growing coral stock in a newer tank I just don't see how it would be nearly as easy to maintain balanced levels of key parameters without additional regular testing. Triton requires just one regular test of Alk which pretty well maintains the rest (calc, mag, k etc.) without regular testing and is easy to adjust for changing bio load. And how are you getting away with not dosing trace elements without water changes? Or do your vitamin supplements contain trace? Does your tank have a fuge?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess I can see how a mature tank with stable growth would be somewhat easy to manage without Triton, but with a rapidly expanding and growing coral stock in a newer tank I just don't see how it would be nearly as easy to maintain balanced levels of key parameters without additional regular testing. Triton requires just one regular test of Alk which pretty well maintains the rest (calc, mag, k etc.) without regular testing and is easy to adjust for changing bio load. And how are you getting away with not dosing trace elements without water changes? Or do your vitamin supplements contain trace? Does your tank have a fuge?

I have an algae reactor. Im sure the food I feed contains trace elements. I also didn't say I 'never' did water changes - but I do them every 4 weeks instead of every 1-2. I just decided to see what would happen - and I haven't seen any change with the decreased frequency of water changes. I have no clue whether Triton is better worse or the same as what I'm doing. I am sure, though that they have better marketing. :)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an algae reactor. Im sure the food I feed contains trace elements. I also didn't say I 'never' did water changes - but I do them every 4 weeks instead of every 1-2. I just decided to see what would happen - and I haven't seen any change with the decreased frequency of water changes. I have no clue whether Triton is better worse or the same as what I'm doing. I am sure, though that they have better marketing. :)

Gotcha. That makes sense then.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to opt in fancy betta to this conversation;

2.jpg

Discuss

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know you like to be "that guy" @MnFish1 but can we keep this thread on topic about supply of the product please and if you want to quibble about Triton vs whatever do it elsewhere please?

Well - it was in response to a question. Just as Im answering you. Besides - we all know the status of the Triton supply chain. Again - Keep asking - maybe someday you'll get an answer - in the meantime - whatever.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So back on topic without the toolboxish stuff:

UC and BRS still no stock
AS has regular core7 (no other methods) in stock in old packaging and they will ship with your approval knowing the containers may leak into their sealed bags.

Anybody got another source where they're finding it or not finding it?

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question. Should I stop planning on a triton setup for a tank I’m building ?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question. Should I stop planning on a triton setup for a tank I’m building ?
In my experience it takes a good amount of time to get to a high Triton Dose so if you can snag a few sets you should be good for quite a while and hopefully the supply issue will be resolved by then. In about 7 months starting Triton from day one I've gone through a little under 3 sets of the standard 1L cartons on my 165g. If you can snag a set of 10L jugs that would really give you a good runway. Unless you're building a gigantic tank?

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience it takes a good amount of time to get to a high Triton Dose so if you can snag a few sets you should be good for quite a while and hopefully the supply issue will be resolved by then. In about 7 months starting Triton from day one I've gone through a little under 3 sets of the standard 1L cartons on my 165g. If you can snag a set of 10L jugs that would really give you a good runway. Unless you're building a gigantic tank?
Just a 525XL. But having to stock and hope doesn’t sound like a solid plan to me. Especially with investment into proper setup

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to opt in fancy betta to this conversation;

2.jpg

Discuss
That is an amazing betta. I’ve been watching a few places for the perfect one to put in my 5gal. Red dragon passed few weeks ago.

cara.lantz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a nano [emoji23], I’d be set for awhile even with the 1L cartons.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back