Troy Vs 3 DTs

U

User1

View Badges
Here it is eating some bubble algae that was growing in the Gigas tank.

Very pretty. Every time I look at clams I always think of your tank. It really sets the standard for caring for these animals. What they are when we purchase them and what they can become if properly taken care of. Always an excellent job.

Question on the video / tank with the tang here. What sort of flow do you have in there? I liked it but wasn't sure if that was normal or for video.

OP
OP
Troy V

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty. Every time I look at clams I always think of your tank. It really sets the standard for caring for these animals. What they are when we purchase them and what they can become if properly taken care of. Always an excellent job.

Question on the video / tank with the tang here. What sort of flow do you have in there? I liked it but wasn't sure if that was normal or for video.

Very kind words. Thank you!

The is the nomal flow, I didn't change anything. When I designed this system I wanted a high volume surface flow. So I have one 1/4 strength MP40 high in the tank for surface agitation, with the 2 sump returns crossing the MP 40 to create a mild chaotic flow. I didn't want any softies whipping in the current; Keeping them from opening fully.

U

User1

View Badges
Very kind words. Thank you!

The is the nomal flow, I didn't change anything. When I designed this system I wanted a high volume surface flow. So I have one 1/4 strength MP40 high in the tank for surface agitation, with the 2 sump returns crossing the MP 40 to create a mild chaotic flow. I didn't want any softies whipping in the current; Keeping them from opening fully.

Thank you. I think mission accomplished is in order :) Thanks for the reply and have a great weekend.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back