True? - EcoTech Marine Price increase

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not exactly a fan of ecotech, but I can’t think of any possible reason they would be willing to give, or even discount their products in the way your friend was hoping? What would stop everyone from telling them a similar story just to get discounts.
I’m also not sure they would love someone comparing their products that they either gave away or discounted with competitors products while having no idea on the methods of testing. What if this persons tests came out in favor of the competition? Then you gave away/discounted equipment for what basically becomes a commercial for your competition. I just think their risks far outweigh the possible benefits.

Hello,

As I stated this isn’t her personal fish tank, she is a student at a university in a graduate program. If they are using them in terms of science, and to move something forward why wouldn’t a company want to be Involved, it would be huge publicity if it was released in a scientific journal and or fish related magazine.
Which brings me to even a better point, they claim they are the best, the price dictates that, so what are they afraid of? That would question their motives and innovations, and the direction they are going in. Just because one asks a company to beta test and or tonhave them donate doesn’t mean they are poor or trying to get free things. There are still some people who are trying to help our hobby, and save what we still have. Again comes down to greed and money, good lord if they have some Chinese cheap company out perform them. Honestly, if they really want to be the best then why don’t they, I would dare Ecotech to challenge any other competition. Prove their innovation, and designs are the best. It’s one thing to say it, let’s seem them prove it with the newer items out. Their stuff is four years old, and went up in price. Hmmm am I missing something here, oh and several other American companies did provide universities with examples to beta test.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As I stated this isn’t her personal fish tank, she is a student at a university in a graduate program. If they are using them in terms of science, and to move something forward why wouldn’t a company want to be Involved, it would be huge publicity if it was released in a scientific journal and or fish related magazine.
Which brings me to even a better point, they claim they are the best, the price dictates that, so what are they afraid of? That would question their motives and innovations, and the direction they are going in. Just because one asks a company to beta test and or tonhave them donate doesn’t mean they are poor or trying to get free things. There are still some people who are trying to help our hobby, and save what we still have. Again comes down to greed and money, good lord if they have some Chinese cheap company out perform them. Honestly, if they really want to be the best then why don’t they, I would dare Ecotech to challenge any other competition. Prove their innovation, and designs are the best. It’s one thing to say it, let’s seem them prove it with the newer items out. Their stuff is four years old, and went up in price. Hmmm am I missing something here, oh and several other American companies did provide universities with examples to beta test.

In the first post about this project you mentioned your friend wanted to basically do a comparison test against other products. I could see them possibly being willing if it was a captive breeding project at a university but I don’t really see their benefit in donating stuff for tests like you described.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good thing is that there is a good market for used ones too- they last a looooong time. And there are parts available- they’re repairable.

I am thinking of buying a used Reeflink. Are there any potential issues that I should be concerned about or will it be a safe investment?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the first post about this project you mentioned your friend wanted to basically do a comparison test against other products. I could see them possibly being willing if it was a captive breeding project at a university but I don’t really see their benefit in donating stuff for tests like you described.

Hello,

You right I did say that but you also missed 7/8 of the meaning behind my post. It’s not to aka get free stuff as you keep thinking or why would they do it?
Companies that face competition what to know all the new stuff, and 99% of Ecotech is about 4 years old. So their interest would be to see if they can keep up with newer products. Plus usually if they help a school once in a while other schools may go to them also and buy way more stuff than you and I can possibly do simply because their budget is substantially higher. But nope they raise their prices on items that are four years old and still expect to be the best. Well let them prove it, if not there is no reason to raise the prices. Again, if they are sooooooo good what are they afraid of? If they lose (and more than likely will) it may spark them to actually make something better for the amount they charge. I know for certain my lights are (in a way cheaper than radions and led), but they work better and grow better. This type of experiment led me to a company I never heard of before and they ask for beta testers often.

PirateDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought eco-tech was high before and it’s a shame the prices have gone up but I bought mine after price increase and i think they are great. Overpriced yes but still great. If you don’t want to pay the price don’t and to the people who bash eco-tech or any other company I mean no offense but I believe half of what I see and none of what I hear if you get on line for any product you’ll fined people loving the products and people who hate them.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I get what you are trying to say. What I am trying to say is that there is no upside for ecotech to do something like that. It’s not like people don’t know about their products already so even if they come out on top I can’t imagine it would effect sales. If they came out behind in the tests(that they had no control over and had no way of knowing if the experiments techniques were scientific) then they just basically gave equipment away for what amounts to negative ad against them. Just doesn’t seem worth it to me. And again, I’m no fan of ecotech. Just looking at this from a potential cost/benefit type deal and I don’t see it being worth it to them.

Miguel Medina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is a great company with the privileges of having some pretty good articles, but its price is excessive? ... Yes,
Nowadays the competition of the Asian market is quite high, with very well achieved results at a price that they determine is profit.
A large company such as OCTOPUS, has in the market large pumps, Noopsyche K7Pro (lighting) ,,,,,,, an endless number of very good companies with more competitive prices without losing quality and functionality.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back