OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now will they be able to draw over their Raw audience to Smackdown when things change in July? I've got the Network and will say when WWE wants to, it can produce a high quality show (Breaking Ground and their 24). Just wish they'd get back to making the monthly PPV's better (these are free with their network).

Honestly, I wonder sometimes how the WWE even survives with some of the terrible booking decisions they make. For example: They probably paid out the wazoo to bring in a legend like Sting, and how did they book him? Two meaningless feuds/matches against Triple H and Seth Rollins. :eek: And then he was forced to retire due to injury. You KNOW anyone still wrestling in their mid-t0-late 50s is doing so on borrowed time, so you first cash in on the "dream match" everyone has been waiting to see: Undertaker vs. Sting

WrestleMania 31 (talk about a missed opportunity :mad:):

Sting vs. Triple H
The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

The worst part is The Undertaker had lost to Brock Lesnar just the year before, so you really had no way of knowing who would win a potential Sting vs. Undertaker Wrestlemania match. :eek: It would have been one the biggest matches in pro wrestling history.

Last edited:

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I wonder sometimes how the WWE even survives with some of the terrible booking decisions they make. For example: They probably paid out the wazoo to bring in a legend like Sting, and how did they book him? Two meaningless feuds/matches against Triple H and Seth Rollins. :eek: And then he was forced to retire due to injury. You KNOW anyone still wrestling in their mid-t0-late 50s is doing so on borrowed time, so you first cash in on the "dream match" everyone has been waiting to see: Undertaker vs. Sting

WrestleMania 31 (talk about a missed opportunity :mad:):

Sting vs. Triple H
The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

The worst part is The Undertaker had lost to Brock Lesnar just the year before, so you really had no way of knowing who would win a potential Sting vs. Undertaker Wrestlemania match. :eek: It would have been one the biggest matches in pro wrestling history.
Totally agree!

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't agree more
Especially for me growing up I actually learned a lot from tv. Back when I was 7-12 tv showed you real family values
Dealing with bullies how to be a good friend. Older shows had more value in my opinion.
I watch what my little cousins watch and I'm disgusted.
It's all about being famous or just cheap laughs or something there's nothing deeper.
My parents used to watch the stuff we watched with us, if I had a kid now I couldn't stomach the nonsense Disney and Nickelodeon comes out with now. As someone who still considers himself 15 on the inside I'm not being biased just being honest. And for parents on this site I highly recommend you take he time to watch what your kids sit in front of its not as innocent as it used to be. It's really sad.

Russ265

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't watch much TV, and I never understood why my dad just watches the same old TV shows (Andy Griffith, Gunsmoke, etc.) over & over again. But lately I've been paying more attention to some of the "new" TV shows that the wife & I watch at night, and ..... I am starting to understand my dad's reasoning. :p Am I just getting old or have TV shows really become this "talentless"??

Also, what's up with movies these days? How many times can you remake a movie from 20-30 years ago?

/rant over

cut the cord years ago.
same reason.

when history channel's star lineup is reality tv like hardcore pawn, you know its time to bail.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't agree more
Especially for me growing up I actually learned a lot from tv. Back when I was 7-12 tv showed you real family values
Dealing with bullies how to be a good friend. Older shows had more value in my opinion.
I watch what my little cousins watch and I'm disgusted.
It's all about being famous or just cheap laughs or something there's nothing deeper.
My parents used to watch the stuff we watched with us, if I had a kid now I couldn't stomach the nonsense Disney and Nickelodeon comes out with now. As someone who still considers himself 15 on the inside I'm not being biased just being honest. And for parents on this site I highly recommend you take he time to watch what your kids sit in front of its not as innocent as it used to be. It's really sad.

I so agree with this. All these shows that people praise these days are only popular because they push the envelope on what they can show on tv. I always here that phrase when talking about a show like Mad Men or those supposedly great shows on HBO or Netflix. They only seem to "be great" because they show and say things you can't on the traditional channels. I also hate when they say it is real life. For me tv/movies is not about real life, I get enough of that all day long.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My entire adult life, my TV has been on all the time..... ALL the time. I NEED the noise.
This. My wife more than me, but still.
Our default channel is HGTV. Especially at night when the kids go to bed. Disney ---> HGTV as quick as humanly possible. lol
Except for the mornings when we have the news on. Or the show Sunday Morning on CBS.

For shows though, we stick mostly to the cable stuff on hbo or showtime.
Like Game of Thrones. Catching up on that now on Apple TV.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Game of Thrones. There's a lot of good shows that HBO/Showtime/etc have put out. It really is fabulous acting, IMO. I can't wait for Orange is the New Black season. Since I was injured, I've think I've seen every single independant film out there.

Silence hurts my ears.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I so agree with this. All these shows that people praise these days are only popular because they push the envelope on what they can show on tv. I always here that phrase when talking about a show like Mad Men or those supposedly great shows on HBO or Netflix. They only seem to "be great" because they show and say things you can't on the traditional channels. I also hate when they say it is real life. For me tv/movies is not about real life, I get enough of that all day long.
To me these cable shows are not about doing things you can't do on network tv just because they can or just to push the envelope. Heck, most network tv shows take care of that these days! And the cable shows have zero to do with real life. Never heard that one before.
It's the simple fact that their production values are through the roof. Equalling that of major motion pictures. More money, better actors, better writers, higher quality shows that people are actually willing to pay for.

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of their popularity is undoubtedly because they can do more than on traditional TV, sure. They are also popular because they are just that good. They are great because the writing, acting, set direction, and plotting is top-notch - better than most movies. But, yeah, if you don't like stuff that's realistic, this type of programming is probably not for you.

Cheers,
rant

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? No Kardashian fans?? You know the next generation is going to put these guys into political office in another decade or so. I get better entertainment out of commercials these days. Only DVR stuff now a days but I end up watching the same movies/shows that are 10+ yrs old.

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? No Kardashian fans?? You know the next generation is going to put these guys into political office in another decade or so. I get better entertainment out of commercials these days. Only DVR stuff now a days but I end up watching the same movies/shows that are 10+ yrs old.
Agreed
I've been watching friends every night before bed just cuz I know I'm going to get a laugh haha

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 120 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 133 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back