Two Yellow Watchmen Gobies?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two Yellow Watchman Gobies, that were in the Same Small Aquarium at a LFS. Quarantined them, and added them to my 120 Gallon. Never saw them squabble in the quarantine or the 120 till today. They are really close together under some rocks. The Second Picture, is #2 chasing a Pod. Is this Just normal behavior on a matched pair?

IMG_3850.jpeg IMG_3851.jpeg

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had 2 that got along just fine, until we switched to a bigger tank, one of them looked really stressed from it. Had to separate them after, so no clue besides the move

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was taking tools, back down to the basement, and noticed they were right next to each other under a rock. My wife pointed out to me, that one didn’t look healthy, and is grey looking. Did some research, the Grey one is a Female, and Yellow is a Male. Some sites say they can change sexes, others say no to this. Keeping my fingers crossed, they just saw the same pod.

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya, one goby paired with a pistol shrimp. We’ve had fish change sexes, but not our goby’s

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Pistol Shrimp yet. Back in the 90’s I had paired up Two Spot Gobies, and a single Pistol Shrimp, that they shared. Hoping to do same, with these. Should I get two Pistol Shrimp , or will one eat the other?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Pistol Shrimp yet. Back in the 90’s I had paired up Two Spot Gobies, and a single Pistol Shrimp, that they shared. Hoping to do same, with these. Should I get two Pistol Shrimp , or will one eat the other?
I think they would kill eachother. I tried this when the gobies kept fighting over my tiger pistol. Got the red pistol and never saw him again

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back