"Uh-Oh I have AEFW"

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to this.

I had aefw and every 3-4 days I did exactly that. Dipped in revive since I noticed it coralrx wasn't getting them all. It was getting "some". Either way the eggs survive with either treatment. So with a led flashlight and a small razor blade I scraped off every egg cluster I would see. After three months of this, not a colony dead but red mili is slowly coming back. Haven't seen any aefw since March.

I have also noticed this with regular strength CoralRx and revive. I believe that CoralRx and Revive use the same main ingredient in relitively the same concentration(pine oil). That is why we only use CoralRx pro as it is a much stronger concentraion and is the best dip I have found to kill AEFW thus far. Plus you only use 10 drops per gallon instead of capfulls, so it last you a lot longer. Well worth the extra money IMO.

Thankyou for that, it was very helpful

Glad I could help.

+1. That's really good advice. I'd like to shop in that LFS you work at spsaddact.

If you are in Socal you probably already do lol.

Heller792

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a massive problem with the baster method as i have just found out. When I first discovered AEFW a year ago all my corals were encrusted and i didnt want to remove them. I have kept them at bay since but I have a new problem now. My Nana and tricolour have all grown to big for the baster to have any effect in the middle area of the coral. Looking very close through the glass i can now see eggs on the branches near the base in the middle of the corals. Ive now fraged every acro and binned all my corals. Ive done 2 dips this week and intend to do one per week for the next 6 weeks. if you look top right coal you can see the bites
IMG_8912.jpg
corals for the bin
IMG_8917.jpg
one thing i will be doing this time is making sure i get rid of this pest for good. Does anyone know if they live on any other corals apart from acropora and millipora? Thanks, Dave

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.8%
Back