Unable to identify this white film over eye and white haze on body of fish

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have two fish in my tank that broke out with this a few days ago. In the past I have caught fish, treated - then fish dies anyway. Most likely I will not pull the fish to treat and hope it fights this off. I am more concerned about this being contaigeous the other fish... don't think it is valvet as I had to deal with that a few years back and fish would of been dead by now - that is like the plague.

Thanks

20230724_090538.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi,

I have two fish in my tank that broke out with this a few days ago. In the past I have caught fish, treated - then fish dies anyway. Most likely I will not pull the fish to treat and hope it fights this off. I am more concerned about this being contaigeous the other fish... don't think it is valvet as I had to deal with that a few years back and fish would of been dead by now - that is like the plague.

Thanks

20230724_090538.jpg
I am able to blow up and reduce saturation- fish has marine ich and will require immediate treatment in quarantine.
You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Thanks

20230724_090538.jpg

Tough to see with the blue light, but I see a severe case of marine ich. Follow what @vetteguy53081 posted.

Jay

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back