Upcoming 180 Gallon ZEOvit Reef!

Realworldreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Long time reader first time poster! I'm over the moon excited that my decade long dream of starting a reef tank is finally here! I'm moving to my new home in late June/July and my tank will begin then! I welcome all the advice you can give, as all of my knowledge has been gained from years of books, forums, and Youtube!
I was curious what the best way to start a build thread is on the forum? Any tips?

Also I have started a Youtube Channel for the build, but so far there are just a few pre build videos talking about plans and equipment I'll be using. Feel free to check it out if your bored!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP7hX0-mT1t8u_j6wiGpygw or just search realworldreefing

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YW:)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and to the hobby.

Picassoclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard friend. Please correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't ZEOVIT be better on an established tank due to the low nutrient aspect of it, hence the need for supplements? I have not looked into this deeply as much as you have. Please do share your thoughts Realworld, thanks!

OP
OP
Realworldreefing

Realworldreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard friend. Please correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't ZEOVIT be better on an established tank due to the low nutrient aspect of it, hence the need for supplements? I have not looked into this deeply as much as you have. Please do share your thoughts Realworld, thanks!

Great question! And thanks for stopping by! KZ actually recommends starting the system on a new build if possible. Taking a system from standard to ULNS is stressful on the livestock and must be done slowly to avoid RTN. KZ advertises a 14 day full cycle if you use there methods and start a new system with ZEOvit.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Long time reader first time poster! I'm over the moon excited that my decade long dream of starting a reef tank is finally here! I'm moving to my new home in late June/July and my tank will begin then! I welcome all the advice you can give, as all of my knowledge has been gained from years of books, forums, and Youtube!
I was curious what the best way to start a build thread is on the forum? Any tips?

Also I have started a Youtube Channel for the build, but so far there are just a few pre build videos talking about plans and equipment I'll be using. Feel free to check it out if your bored!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP7hX0-mT1t8u_j6wiGpygw or just search realworldreefing
Welcome man.. looking forward to your build. subbed in youtube. you doing a post here with your build as well?

OP
OP
Realworldreefing

Realworldreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome man.. looking forward to your build. subbed in youtube. you doing a post here with your build as well?

Yea I have made one! I'll link it in a bit when I'm on a desktop. And thanks for the sub, it means a lot. Its my goal to make real quality content for people of all skill levels. And for now I have good footage of beautiful fish to enjoy while I talk about my plans. THANKS AGAIN!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back