Upgraded cube

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have upgraded my tank. Right now I have a 30 gallon cube. But I was able to pick up a 93 gallon at a great price. So here I go trying to get this thing built so I can move everything over from the 30 to this one with little to no problems. I am kind of broke and this hobby is not for a broke person but I’m doing my best. I made the stand for it. I could park a car on it and not worry.
For the last few days I have been running the new setup and checking for leaks. Just one little one and that was fixed by just tightening the hose clamp. While the tank was doing a freshwater leak test I have been building the aquascape that will be going in it. Now mostly all that is left that needs to be done is lighting for it tomorrow I might build the fixture that I plan on hanging the lights from . But I guess I will have to be better and posting pictures and updates as I go along getting this thing ready to go.
IMG_3808.jpeg
IMG_3806.jpeg
IMG_3765.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg
IMG_3807.jpeg

OP
OP
1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking when I go to move everything over I plan on dumping a bottle of Dr. Tim’s in it and putting the rock from the 30 in the skimmer section of the sump for a few months. I also ha a couple of marine pure bricks that have been going for a year in my old sump. I’m thinking between the Dr Tim’s and rock and bricks from the 5 year old tank things should be ok for a little while. But I was also thinking about ordering up the 8 pounds of rock and 8 pounds of sand from Tampa bay just to get some diversity going.

OP
OP
1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I might as well post a picture of the 30 cube that’s getting replaced. Sorry it’s an old picture with dirty glass. Currently I have more corals in it but I don’t have a picture that’s new. Maybe I will snap one tomorrow.
IMG_3584.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back