Using a Red_Alert vOutlet in Apex Fusion help

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video by Reefdudes that talked about using a Red_Alert Scheme/Profile to turn the Radion lights red in the tank when something is wrong. The tutorial set up a scheme/Profile and a virtual outlet but did not go on to show how to use this in code and where to configure it.

So I have a Profile named Radion_Alm that is set to have the redlights come on at 10%

I also have a virtual outlet named Red_Alert

What I need to know is where and what additional code is needed for this to work when something important is wrong and how it should be switched on as a visual queue that the tank needs attention. I have no experience using profiles and still learning on outlets and how to trigger things.

I travel a lot and my wife is home but does not pay as much attention to the tank so this will help if something major is wrong and she sees the tank with red lights on and will know to reach out to me if I have not seen other alerts.

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no one else has their lights turn red if there is an alarm on the system?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but I did setup a ‘stoplight’ with green, yellow and red LEDs programmed to come on under certain circumstances. Green is lit when everything is good. Yellow comes on when there are non-critical alerts (doses empty, ATO low, etc.) . Red comes on when there are critical alerts (low/hi temp, loss of main flow, salinity, sump high, etc.). I have programmed a bunch of virtual outlets and they trigger yellow or red.

I still run my Radions from the ETM ReefLink. Möbius and I are apparently incompatible so I still run the WXM.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So no one else has their lights turn red if there is an alarm on the system?

No. Thats goofy. Just get a sound alarm and plug it in. Can't be missed and won't mess with the lighting spectrum.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video by Reefdudes that talked about using a Red_Alert Scheme/Profile to turn the Radion lights red in the tank when something is wrong. The tutorial set up a scheme/Profile and a virtual outlet but did not go on to show how to use this in code and where to configure it.

So I have a Profile named Radion_Alm that is set to have the redlights come on at 10%

I also have a virtual outlet named Red_Alert

What I need to know is where and what additional code is needed for this to work when something important is wrong and how it should be switched on as a visual queue that the tank needs attention. I have no experience using profiles and still learning on outlets and how to trigger things.

I travel a lot and my wife is home but does not pay as much attention to the tank so this will help if something major is wrong and she sees the tank with red lights on and will know to reach out to me if I have not seen other alerts.

You are better off with Audible alerts that do not mess with the tank.

That said, what you are missing is the link between your Radion program and Alarm output.

If you still want to do this, you would need to add something like the below to your Radion program:

“If output [AlarmOutputName] = on then Radion_ALM”

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back